Turning 50 with joints of a 100 year old, looking for friends

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Hi,

I've been a mfp member for several years, I log in here daily. I turn 50 in a couple of days and have had, and continue to have joint issues and multiple surgeries. I push on, keep moving and fight the good fight. I'd really love to have some supportive friends...even if you're not in the same boat as me.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Cool! I just turned 51 and thankfully pretty decent joints.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Bumping this to the top, hoping it gets seen.
  • dreinog
    dreinog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck, looking to loose 20 kgs .. I've done it before, the alcohol has even gone this time.. Onwards and upwards !!!
  • BinWa
    BinWa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 52 & you can add me as a friend!
  • itssmee2
    itssmee2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 61 and have various aches and pains. Keep moving forward. It may be slow but at least you're moving
  • DunesGirl928
    DunesGirl928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm 54. Just got back from mayo for a kidney transplant eval. They will recommend me for it but need to lower my bmi and have a knee replacement first. The Dr's make it seem so easy but I will really work at it as I don't want to do dialysis forever
  • christyflores842
    christyflores842 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 41 and had 5 knee surgeries on one knee last year. I can only say keep moving everything counts. Dont give up
  • Omabebp
    Omabebp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I turned 50, 16 years ago. But, boy can I relate to the surgeries and aches and pains! In the past 2 years alone I've had 6 surgeries. All you can do is keep on going and smiling :)
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been a mfp member for several years, I log in here daily. I turn 50 in a couple of days and have had, and continue to have joint issues and multiple surgeries. I push on, keep moving and fight the good fight. I'd really love to have some supportive friends...even if you're not in the same boat as me.

Hi keeponkickin I also have problems with my knees, ankles etc. that is my main reason for loosing weight. If I cannot walk I cycle.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Thanks everyone that responded. Friend requests on the way.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi. I'm 33 but I have osteoarthritis in my knees and it hurts a lot sometimes. I have to lose weight because of it. Walking really helps me with the pain. You can add me if you want.
  • Linda55913
    Linda55913 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 61 and have been on MFP several times and left because I thought I didn't need the accountability..... WRONG! I have 20-30 lbs to loose and would love a few pals.... I have osteoarthritis in my back and find I need to exercise every day to keep the pain at bay without meds.
  • khorshidnaz16
    khorshidnaz16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody.
    I am 51. I want to live until 100, of course with health and happiness._ ;)
    I walk for 4-5 hours every day. I try to eat healthy food and also 8 glass of water every day.
    Every week I go to the mountains to breathe fresh and clean air.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Thank you. Friend requests sent.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 here you can do this, stick with it and keep logging. Good luck on your journey
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49 last month. I am still trying to wrap my brain around turning 50 next year. Feel free to add me. I've been a member on MFP since 2008. I am an avid gym goer but as I get older I can feel the phantom pains hitting me every so often! LOL!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    56 and proof that age is not our enemy. Feel free to friend me.
  • Jinkue247
    Jinkue247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    51 years old. Creaking joints and fighting middle age spread. You can add me if you like.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Glad to have some new friends from this post.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My wife isn't yet 40 and has osteoarthritis in all of her joints. I'll follow this thread for any recommendations for her... she's also working on losing weight.