Is there something wrong with my scale?

Options
So I have been burning almost over 1000 calories every day for two weeks. Can anyone tell me why the scale still says I am the same weight I was two weeks ago??

Replies

• ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is probably too low for a man except in certain situations. You don't look morbidly obese in your photo, so I'm guessing it's too low.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    TheKeyz wrote: »
    So I have been burning almost over 1000 calories every day for two weeks. Can anyone tell me why the scale still says I am the same weight I was two weeks ago??

Not enough information....
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Several questions: how many calories are you eating? Have you calculated how many calories your body needs to maintain (without counting exercise?) If your maintenance level is 2000 calories a day but you eat 3000 calories per day, burning an extra 1000 calories with exercise still isn't enough to make you lose weight.

(This is also assuming that your estimate of 1000 calories burned is accurate - 1000 may be an overestimate.)
  • TheKeyz
    TheKeyz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You could be building muscle.
    But doesn't that mean I would gain weight ?
  • TheKeyz
    Options
    Blitzia wrote: »
    Several questions: how many calories are you eating? Have you calculated how many calories your body needs to maintain (without counting exercise?) If your maintenance level is 2000 calories a day but you eat 3000 calories per day, burning an extra 1000 calories with exercise still isn't enough to make you lose weight.

(This is also assuming that your estimate of 1000 calories burned is accurate - 1000 may be an overestimate.)

I use this app to calculate calorie and it tells me I need to eat 1900 calories but I usually eat 1200
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. What about your diet and logging? Are you weighing your food and logging everything you consume?? Are you trying to gain, maintain or lose? How do you know you are burning 1000 cal a day?
  • TheKeyz
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Weight loss isn't linear. What about your diet and logging? Are you weighing your food and logging everything you consume?? Are you trying to gain, maintain or lose? How do you know you are burning 1000 cal a day?

Yes I log everything and I am trying to lose and i usually do cardio like elliptical and bike rides and circuit training with weights it allows me to input all that on here
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Please read the 'sticky' posts at the top of each sub forum.
    They will explain why you should be eating the calories assigned to you, how to log, and other skills needed to lose successfully.

Cheers, h.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    TheKeyz wrote: »
    Blitzia wrote: »

I use this app to calculate calorie and it tells me I need to eat 1900 calories but I usually eat 1200

1200 is too low for a male. MFP recommends no less than 1500.if you are the same weight its either due to water retention from the exercise masking weight loss.waste still in your body,or you are eating more than you think you are.do you eat exercise calories back? do you weigh you food with a food scale? do you have cheat meals/days?