Food scale

Options
Looking to get a decent food scale, I have one now from Walmart and it's just not cutting it anymore. Looking for inexpensive better food scales, any suggestions would be great

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My preference is for mail scales since they seem to have a larger surface area and do fine with small weights.
    What's wrong with the one you have.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Check Bed, Bath and Beyond?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for in a scale?
  • kali9623
    kali9623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm really just using it for portion control and more accurate serving sizes, doesn't have to be anything too fancy. Mine now just goes between 340g and 0 with no other numbers like it is glitching out
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    there are plenty on Amazon, BB&B and I even saw one at Walmart the other day the weighs up to 20+ pounds.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    put new b
    kali9623 wrote: »
    I'm really just using it for portion control and more accurate serving sizes, doesn't have to be anything too fancy. Mine now just goes between 340g and 0 with no other numbers like it is glitching out

put new batteries in it?
  • kali9623
    kali9623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    put new b
    kali9623 wrote: »

put new batteries in it?

Tried that :/ I've tried two new batteries
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    My preference is for mail scales since they seem to have a larger surface area and do fine with small weights.
    What's wrong with the one you have.

I thought I would be the only one using a mail scale. I like it - the only disadvantage being that I'd like to be able to switch between ounces and grams on occasion. USPS doesn't seem to care about grams. :smile:
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Looking at some of the links, I'm getting envy that they go up to 15 lbs. That would come in handy when cooking large batches of something.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine is starting to get glitch too. I put something on the scale and the numbers keep changing every few seconds, and yes I've changed the batteries (had it for about 3 years). Walmart is as good of place as any to get one
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I had one from walmart as well that bit the dust, but i just found a new one there last week for less then 10 dollars if i recall correctly...digital one...