Best way to train for a 10k

Options
so I"ve taken on some challenge. I plan to run the 10k on May 10th in London, Ontario. I ran the 5k last year and did ok but this year I really want to kill it. Right now, I'd say that I can run a mile in about 10 minutes. I've looked online for some tips on training for the 10k but can't find one that really appeals to me. Any ideas?

Replies

• JemErin
    Options
    so I"ve taken on some challenge. I plan to run the 10k on May 10th in London, Ontario. I ran the 5k last year and did ok but this year I really want to kill it. Right now, I'd say that I can run a mile in about 10 minutes. I've looked online for some tips on training for the 10k but can't find one that really appeals to me. Any ideas?
  • vegrunner
    Options
    Runnersworld.com has great tips and schedules for training for a 10K. There are two books I highly recommend for runners 1. Bart Yasso: My Life on the Run 2. Ultramarathon Man:Confessions of an All Night Runner, Bart Yasso's book has training tips and schedules in the appendix. I've been following one and it is working well. Best of luck to you!!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I 2nd runnersworld.com
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    runners world is awesome, another great site is coolrunning.com

here is the 10K training article from coolrunning

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/145.shtml