Push up challenge?

Options
Any interest in push up challenges at all?

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I suck at push ups, but I could be down with getting better at them, what kind of challenge are you thinking?
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Twice a week you do as many push-ups as you can do in one go(no dropping to your knees) and post in a page that's made for that and you do that for a month to see if it improves, more of an accountability routine than a challenge but it's still fun, say you work out at the gym three times a week, two of those days you do push-ups as part of your warm up and check in with how many you were able to do
  • mjr213
    mjr213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely terrible at them, but I'll do it! Hopefully I can get better!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do 200 a day..every day...one yr I did 300 a day..every Jan 1, I change it up
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I did around 50in one go. Although I haven't done them in a long time
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I started my own personal push-up challenge last year. I did them in sets in order to build up. I'd gotten to 3 sets of 12 but then noticed my right elbow flailing out to the side and it started hurting so I switched to the modified version and keep building up that way. They aren't quite as effective but they still work my shoulders and back. Plus, I do my daily planks at the same time so my core gets a good workout as well.

Anyway, there's a thread specifically for challenges. May want to try posting this there?
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    So if anyone was genuinely interested in joining, I set up a thread in the challenge thread, jump in guys and gals!
  • jetsman37
    jetsman37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lift in the mornings and on chest day after my workout I try to do 100 push-ups by the end of the day. I lift chest twice a week by the way.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I did the 100 push-ups challenge once.