Options
2»

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    If you want something private, create that group you mention. Posting to the message boards means that threads are open for comment from everyone as long as they aren't violating the TOS.

Exactly. And I have a right to complain if I want. This is a motivation and support forum for example and a lot of people commenting are being ignorant and I have a right to say it. Did I ask for your opinion? Nope. I came for support. Not arguments. And yeah they have a right to comment their crazy bs that doesnt apply to the topic but thats also ignorant and not helpful. If someone is posting a thread for FUN why are you sitting there criticising when no one there is asking for your opinion or help other than to be an irritating stick in the mud?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Sooo.. what are you hoping to achieve with this thread?
  • PauseCollectReset
    PauseCollectReset Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    dont worry about it. When you feed the trolls, they get worse. Just be happy with what you are doing and let god light your path! You are doing fantastic :)
  • ZazieMFP
    ZazieMFP Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I feel like there's something missing in this post... Like á background story

You want a story ? Just start any topic about sugar and/or low carb.
  • ZazieMFP
    ZazieMFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nevada wrote: »
    ver·i·ty
    ˈverədē/
    noun
    a true principle or belief, especially one of fundamental importance.
    "the eternal verities"
    truth.
    "irrefutable, objective verity"

I find the intolerance here of dieting BS refreshing, useful, and effective. The old-timers here have a lot of truth to share.

Well exactly: most "old timers" have been dieting for several years. Useful and super effective, indeed. ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bitterness (and maybe saltiness?) is what happens when you fall for the woo and cut sugar when you don't need to.

For the record, I have no idea what this thread is about.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No you!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    seska422 wrote: »
    If you want something private, create that group you mention. Posting to the message boards means that threads are open for comment from everyone as long as they aren't violating the TOS.

Exactly. And I have a right to complain if I want. This is a motivation and support forum for example and a lot of people commenting are being ignorant and I have a right to say it. Did I ask for your opinion? Nope. I came for support. Not arguments. And yeah they have a right to comment their crazy bs that doesnt apply to the topic but thats also ignorant and not helpful. If someone is posting a thread for FUN why are you sitting there criticising when no one there is asking for your opinion or help other than to be an irritating stick in the mud?

When you ask a question people are going to answer. I've seen many of your threads and you seem to only like when people validate your claims rather than actually try to help you (you've shot down tons of information from me on several occasions). The thread you are upset about may not have been asking for information, but again it was a thread intended to either have people validate your claims or it was a humblebrag.

Also, it could be a good idea for you to read the TOS to ensure you understand them all before posting and before starting your group for support and validation.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.