How weird is this?

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
Okay, so I can't help being curious - does anyone else eat gum? Like, chew until the flavor is gone and then swallow what's left? It's not that it's particularly filling or anything, but it's easier / more convenient than finding something to spit it into.

Replies

• iambrn2sng
    iambrn2sng Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Old wives tale -- gum stays in your digestive system for seven years! (No substantiation for that, but I can't imagine it's very good for your digestive system!)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to swallow gum even if I wanted to.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When I chewed gum I would swallow it. But I also eat the paper off cupcakes and muffins... I think that's more weird :D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Uhh. no.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nope, i throw mine in the bin when i'm done with it.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I last chewed gum in 1996. Is that weird?
    I never intentionally swallowed gum.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me that all my poop would get stuck together and I'd have to get an enema. That's probably not true. Probably.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    When I chewed gum I would swallow it. But I also eat the paper off cupcakes and muffins... I think that's more weird :D

:o Do you.... like the paper?
    My mom always told me that all my poop would get stuck together and I'd have to get an enema. That's probably not true. Probably.

I wouldn't be willing to risk it. Moms are usually right.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If I'm indoors, I throw it away. If I'm outdoors, I swallow it. An animal lover once told me that if birds eat chewing gum, they die. I have no idea if this is true, but I err on the side of caution for my feathered friends.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

:o Do you.... like the paper?

yes....why else would I eat it? it has cake/muffin on it :p
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I did swallow the gum in my youthful years. School etc. Although it's been a while since I last chewed a gum. I wouldn't swallow it rather stick it somewhere or throw it away.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eh, I wouldn't swallow it personally, but I think it's better than spitting it on the sidewalk or sticking it under a chair.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ha. And I just remembered why I never, EVER chewed gum in school. When caught, some teachers would insist that the students swallow the gum. I'd be damned if I was gonna have my poop get stuck together because of some bitter old hag. One particular reading teacher was super sweet until she caught you chewing gum. Then yo' *kitten* was grass.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I never swallow it. I can chew an assload of gum though. So much so that I need to log it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Just tried the MOST delicious gum EVER (didn't swallow) it's Mentos brand, Tropical flavor. Pink is sweet and orange (Mango?) is sour. It's awesome. 5 cal fab!!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Ha. And I just remembered why I never, EVER chewed gum in school. When caught, some teachers would insist that the students swallow the gum. I'd be damned if I was gonna have my poop get stuck together because of some bitter old hag. One particular reading teacher was super sweet until she caught you chewing gum. Then yo' *kitten* was grass.

Chewing gum in school. Reminds me of Mr. Bicker. If we got caught chewing gum we had to write 1000 times: I won't chew gum in room 136. I won't chew gum in room 136. I won't chew gum in room 136. Circa 1970. We got paddled back then too. Not for chewing gum as I recall but for things like being late for class without a tardy slip.

I don't swallow chewing gum but did when I was a kid.