Salad Dressing

Options
Can anyone recommend a recipe for a salad dressing that I could keep at work in the frig for like a week or so or a good brand that you use that is healthyish?

Thanks!!

Replies

• planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I often make my own salad dressings - I usually get a Good Seasons (or something equivalent) Italian packet and use either apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar and substitute extra virgin olive oil for most of the oil calling (maybe 20% canola for flavor) and maybe a half teaspoon of balsamic. That will make the dressing dark of course but you can skip it. I am something of a vinegar fan so I enjoy the tartness. There are lower sodium varieties of the packets I will use a potassium based salt substitute often. I have done it the old fashioned way making it myself but that can be a chore experimenting. Here is supposedly the paper version of Good Seasons Italian: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/homemade-good-seasons-italian-dressing-mix-50049303 I eat a lot of vegetables with salads and that is my primary point of consumption of mono-unsaturated fats.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Mix powdered ranch packet with yogurt. Regular yogurt for a thinner dressing, Greek for a thinker dressing. Has protein and probiotics!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Annie's Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette. It's also good mixed with Hope Hummus for a thicker dressing.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you don't wanna make your own, get the bolthouse farms yogurt dressings. They're very low cal and all the flavors I've tried are yummy! (creamy balsamic, creamy garlic, and salsa ranch)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I like Newman's Own lite Italian and lite balsamic vinaigrette. It's about the only dressing I like besides the vinaigrette my wife makes.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse yoghurt dressings, in the fridge by all the bagged salad.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese crumbled into yogurt, along with a shake of garlic powder and oregano, is delish.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    I do what @WickAndArtoo does...ranch seasoning and plain greek yogurt. Adding a bit of sour cream is nice too.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    teach0722 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a recipe for a salad dressing that I could keep at work in the frig for like a week or so or a good brand that you use that is healthyish?

Thanks!!

Very simple here. 1tbsp olive oil 1tbsp vinegar
    Low fat but healthy fat and damn delicious
  • SkinnyWitch13
    SkinnyWitch13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms salad dressing- 35 calories or 45 calories per serving of 2TBS- depending the flavor. They are yogurt based dressings- in the refrigerator section of the food store- flavors are blue cheese (35 cal), honey dijon, ranch (45 cal), cilantro. They are amazing!!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I spray my lettuce with kirkland canola oil cooking spray then I drizzle 15ml of balsamic glaze over it. It goes a long way for 35 cals + 15 cals for spray
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I just use balsamic vinegar.