Replies

• Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think.
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring inches? Maybe your weight is the same based on the muscle you're building? Also what everyone said is true, we tend to underestimate the calories we consume and overestimate the calories burned during exercise. So I try my best to record as accurately as I can!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I started exercising 4 months ago in hope of losing weight(fat). I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and 2 of those days I work with a trainer.

I eat relatively healthy so I don't think that is the issue. My trainer thought I was under eating so I've slowly increased my intact over the last month and I'm up to 1800 calories a day.

My starting weight was 178 and 4 months later I'm still 177. I'm only 5'4. There are certain areas like my legs where I have seen minor changes. Butover all I'm feeling discouraged.

I'm sticking with it because I know I should but if anyone can help or point me in the right direction thanks in advance!

One possibility if you're not weighing your food is inaccuracies in your food diary. Another option is you're not doing much cardio at the gym and it's more strength training. Third would be maybe you have a medical issue that makes it harder to lose weight. Fourth some people just lose weight slower than others and maybe you need to lower your calorie goal back to 1550 and see if you lose 1/2 lb more a week. 250 calories per day less in your diet x 7 = 1750calories which in theory is one half of a pound if you keep your activity level the same.
  • jhomar_deveza
    jhomar_deveza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are working out tooo much, you are in a caloric deficit and working af...maybe your activity is too much for you body...and body starts to lower leptin level( metabolism hormone) , 4 months in a diet i think is too much in that kind of deficit and activity...just my opinion ,im not an expert
  • emy61032
    emy61032 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have some of those very same issues. It's very frustrating. Have you had your thyroid checked? Sometimes I think that weight loss really is so much more than just logging calories and exercising. If our metabolism is out of whack (from a slow thyroid, for example), it can be a real up-hill battle.
  • emy61032
    emy61032 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also, just want to add that I'm trying interval training with walking. It SEEMS like it's increasing my (sluggish and slow) metabolism. (there's few things I can do without hurting my back really badly, so I have to be very careful with exercise). I think the interval walking is really helping-at least it feels like it. Hopefully, I'll see results within a month, and can let you know if it works!