Fitbit no longer syncing?

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaCraigMorton
    LisaCraigMorton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped working on April 13. Other posts have suggested disconnecting the scale and re-loading it but on my MFP account there is not even an option for the Fitbit Aria scale. It has totally disappeared. Not showing on my account as an approved app nor is it showing in the app menu on MFP as one that I can add. WTF? So frustrating.
  • drewski_1
    drewski_1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mine stopped working on April 13. Other posts have suggested disconnecting the scale and re-loading it but on my MFP account there is not even an option for the Fitbit Aria scale. It has totally disappeared. Not showing on my account as an approved app nor is it showing in the app menu on MFP as one that I can add. WTF? So frustrating.

The scale does not have a separate App. It syncs through the same Fitbit integration as the tracker so disconnect / reconnect the main (only?) Fitbit Tracker app available in the list
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I deleted and then I reinstalled it. It's working now 04/17/2017 I'm not sure if that did the trick but its now working. I do a lot of walking and I needed the FB to work.
  • amandahirst1974
    amandahirst1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any updates as mine is syncing food but not steps or exercise. I've tried deleting apps and reinstalling. Revoking access waiting all night and then trying to link again. Restarting Fitbit too. Nothing working.
  • mamilligan
    mamilligan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I deleted and then I reinstalled it. It's working now 04/17/2017 I'm not sure if that did the trick but its now working. I do a lot of walking and I needed the FB to work.

Did it resync all your past data or is that gone from MFP?
  • mamilligan
    mamilligan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    darrenwr2 wrote: »
    Same here as above, have to revoke and then add access each time.
    Obviously a widespread issue but what are mfp doing about it?
    Maybe time to look at an alternative app?

Help yourself. I've not found a better free app

Which one?
  • aweppler
    aweppler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine quit on 4/8. I contacted Fitbit and did everything (deleting, reinstalling, manually syncing, updating all software) they suggested and it still doesn't sync. Thought maybe it was my device, but sounds like maybe not.
  • Z5263
    Z5263 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try disconnecting it from MFP and reconnecting. It just worked for me.

Yeah this works. But you have to do it every time you want to sync.

This app kinda sucks. Won't track steps unless you go premium from what I can tell.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Z5263 wrote: »
    Try disconnecting it from MFP and reconnecting. It just worked for me.

Yeah this works. But you have to do it every time you want to sync.

This app kinda sucks. Won't track steps unless you go premium from what I can tell.

no that's not factual.

you have to ensure it is connected on all sides. I don't have premium and it works fine for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That happened to me yesterday, too! Which was unfortunate timing since it was by far my highest step count ever and I wanted to see the extra calories show up over here. ;) It finally synced later in the evening. I did disconnect and reconnect it.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It does it periodically - sometimes their servers get a backlog that takes a while to clear. If disconnect and reconnect doesn't work, wait until tomorrow, try again and see.