Please help me!

Options
I am trying to lose three pounds a week. Currently I weigh 237.2 and I want to be 215 by the June 6. I am a male 42 age. Current consumption is 1000 calories. If I keep my same consumption and exercise, how many days per week and how many calories per session should I burn? Is this realistic?

Replies

• Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The maximum is 2 pounds a week even on MyFitnessPal that's a safe weight loss over 3 pounds.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Not realistic and not healthy. Minimum for men is 1500. Your eating less than the healthy minimum for women.

On top of that if you want mostly fat loss, you shouldn't aim to lose more than 1% bodyweight per week.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You will probably loose 3 pounds a week, even if you set if for less. Measure your food, move when you can. Eat food that is volumous but low in calories...lots of veggies. lean meats like chicken and tuna. Stay away from the junk. You can do this, you really can.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The best help you'll get here is the recommendation to reduce your deficit and eat more. How tall are you? What's your activity level? Have you figured out your BMR etc.? You won't get a recommendation to eat less than 1500 calories as a male.

I'm 54 yo male, 5'11"; I weighed 240 when I started in January. I'm at 212 now. When I started tracking closely in early to mid-February, I had already dropped to about 233.

I eat anywhere from 1950 to 2700 calories a day and am losing 2# per week aggregate. You can do this, but if you are not eating in a way that you would over the long-term, i.e. not dieting, it's not likely to work. Changing your eating habits long-term is the way.

No veteran here is going to support your same consumption. 1000 calories is not recommended unless you are under medical supervision.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why are you rushing?

It's unlikely you'll be able to exercise on 1000 calories. I weigh about that (35/F) and eat about 1800 net.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Say goodbye to lots of muscle.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is dangerously low. It will probably be impossible for a man your size to get enough nutrition and protein on so few calories. You are risking a lot of muscle loss.

Put your correct stats into mfp, choose a goal of 2 lbs per week and eat those calories. You will lose at a healthy rate. You may not get to your goal by your deadline, but you'll still lose a bunch, and look and feel better.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Muscle loss and your heart is a muscle. Be realistic.
  • saundts
    saundts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I thank everyones input but in my defense for eating less calories, I make up for eating essential Multi Vitamins, Cal-mag, potassium and Omega 3 tablets. Furthermore, I have been on this regiment for 7 weeks and have lost 32 pounds. Currently I am not being coached but several years ago, I was being coached doing and eating the same things.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    I thank everyones input but in my defense for eating less calories, I make up for eating essential Multi Vitamins, Cal-mag, potassium and Omega 3 tablets. Furthermore, I have been on this regiment for 7 weeks and have lost 32 pounds. Currently I am not being coached but several years ago, I was being coached doing and eating the same things.

No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said it is dangerously unhealthy. You body needs fuel to do things like breathe and make your heart beat. And at least, you will lose muscle and not be happy with how you look once you get to a lower weight.

You're an adult, you can do whatever you want. But no one here is going to tell you it's ok. Please take care of yourself.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »

Your body's health doesn't care about your excuses and reasoning. I feel that at 42 you should definitely know better then to continue this diet after so many people have warned you about the risks.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.