Struggling to hit protein and fat targets

Options
How can I introduce more protein and fat but not carbs ?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Right now my goal is 150grs of protein. It's hard.
    Whey, chicken, tuna, eggs.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    sources of protein that are low/no fat - chicken breast, turkey, pork tenderloin, shimp, egg whites

sources of fat/protein - whole eggs
  • ellenmitchell1950
    ellenmitchell1950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shake 30 protein
    Triple Zero yogurt 15 protein
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Fatty cuts of meat.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    s_simpkin wrote: »

Chicken breast
    Beef jerky
    nuts
    eggs
    fish
    you can do protein shakes, but I tend to advise against people drinking their calories if they are trying to lose weight.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    s_simpkin wrote: »

Are you a vegetarian? If not, increase portions of meat, cut back on portions of carbs.

Also, eggs.

Cut something high in carbs and add something lower in carbs but not without them (like nuts, avocados, if vegetarian again, tofu or seitan isn't that high).

Basically look at your log, see what's high on protein and fat, increase it; cut back a bit on what's high in carbs but has little protein and/or fat.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    [
    you can do protein shakes, but I tend to advise against people drinking their calories if they are trying to lose weight.
    [/quote]

Why is that? Just the mental thing, how food feels you up more than shakes?

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese hits both.
  • dgmiller1959
    dgmiller1959 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ellenmitchell I love the Premier Shakes. You're right, they are a great source of protein and the Oikos Triple Zero. Agreed! Those are 2 great sources of protein. Does anyone know how to determine how much protein you need in a day to help with weight loss?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or yogurt with peanut butter mixed in. The pb has a few carbs but more fat and protein.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ellenmitchell I love the Premier Shakes. You're right, they are a great source of protein and the Oikos Triple Zero. Agreed! Those are 2 great sources of protein. Does anyone know how to determine how much protein you need in a day to help with weight loss?

most recommendations are .8-1lb per goal weight - so if your goal weight is 150lbs, then 120-150g
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My go to fatty proteins are pork ribeye, pork shoulder, eggs, and when I can afford it salmon or beef ribeye steak - these hit my macros pretty close. I'll also snack on hard aged cheese, cottage cheese, pumpkin seeds and/or Brazil nuts for extra fat. I add butter to all my veggies and cook everything in cocunut oil. Olive oil is for my salads.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to fix macros at the end of the day. So that you are not caught out again, try and include a little fatty protein at every meal. Eggs are a natural at breakfast for instance. Add a little cooked chicken breast to your salad.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I add a tsp of coconut oil and a scoop of protein powder to my coffee. Helps get me to my macros and is sort of a post-workout snack for me. I workout in the morning and have issues eating too much right after. This after my shower is the perfect stop-gap.
  • katclaudio
    katclaudio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ISOPURE protein powder is 50g of protein and ZERO CARBS!!! Best protein powder for weightloss!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    enough said

4ffa2e7beb378.jpeg
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    milk, cheese,yoghurt,eggs, red meat give you both fat and protein.
    avocado, oils,butter,nuts give you fat.
    Most of the time i go over in fats. It's really hard staying under actually.Protein is a bit trickier, but eating dairy helps a lot.