Why *kitten it* is SUCH a Poor Choice

Options
inertiastrength
inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So you're a little active, you've been cutting your calories in an effort to lose weight... let's play with some fake stats

Your TDEE is 2100. You eat 1500 calories each day
Weekly maintenance cals 2100 x 7 = 14700
Calories consumed Mon-Sat 1500 x 6 = 9000
Whoops, you had a REALLY bad day Sunday 3000 cals

You get on the scale the next day or so and because of glycogen being replenished, sodium, and water you're 2-3lbs heavier. Oh kitten right? wrong. You are still in a 2700 calorie deficit that week if your logging and tracking data is accurate. So while you think you undid your hard work you actually lost about 3/4lbs of fat even though your scale is like nah.

Just a friendly reminder to not kitten the bed and keep on keeping on

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • Fuamami
    Fuamami Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that phrase, but get it now!:)
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Nice, I agree completely. Cool post
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yep! After Easter weekend, I'm up 7lbs. No biggie. :)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most of us probably had a bad Sunday this week. Of course, traditional Easter fare is super-high in salt (at least for us here it's ham, polish sausage,...) that a few pounds of water weight on Monday is expected.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Easter was my lightest day last week. Can't believe it, but I ate only a protein bar in the morning, and then was working hard all day (painting project that has lasted DAYS now) so never ate again until dinner at my moms. Had a salad, piece of steak, 1/3 of a baked potato and 2 small rolls. Then back working until late, at home. I was DOWN a pound on Monday. :)
  • dotwilldoit
    dotwilldoit Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I feel so stupid. I don't get the phrase "kitten it'. I have seen it here in the posts before but never can figure it out
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I feel so stupid. I don't get the phrase "kitten it'. I have seen it here in the posts before but never can figure it out

Swear filter
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MFP changes curse words to *kitten*. In this case im assuming f. And dont s the bed.
  • dotwilldoit
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks. I just used the mfp search facility and just discovered the obvious, Rather than the web browser. Haha
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    True!
  • dotwilldoit
    Options
    I may need to use this phrase in real life. Just saying
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So what happens when you type *kitten* it these days?

Test...

ets, good. It went back to kitten. I thought it was asparagus for a while, there. (now everyone is really confused, right:lol:)
  • shatteredjade
    shatteredjade Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

Just a friendly reminder to not kitten the bed and keep on keeping on

Do you play Guild Wars? I have never seen kitten used as a fill in swear anywhere but on the GW2 forums! Also I had something similar this week. Great tracking week. According to the scales lost .2lbs. I sighed until I did my measurements. 1.5 inches off my waist! Scales be kittened!

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I may need to use this phrase in real life. Just saying

I say it to my staff now, they were very confused when I changed it to asparagus on April fools day :D
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So what happens when you type *kitten* it these days?

Test...

ets, good. It went back to kitten. I thought it was asparagus for a while, there. (now everyone is really confused, right:lol:)

Just for April 1st (and maybe through the 2nd). Then back to *puppy*
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yep! After Easter weekend, I'm up 7lbs. No biggie. :)

3 out of 7lbs down.
  • dotwilldoit
    Options
    Seriously though, like cerise I was up a bit on Monday. It is already gone. Never give up
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    When I read the title, before I read the thread, I had a different take on the meaning. Still appropriate but completely in another direction.

A lot of us have issues with all or nothing thinking. Either we are on a diet or we aren't. So often people will eat something they didn't intend to eat, decide they are now off the diet, and say, "Kitten it!" and eat everything in sight, sometimes for days. So doing that is also inappropriate because it can turn a minor slip into real weight gain.