Bookworms Assemble!

Options
13»

Replies

• whitney_riffic
    whitney_riffic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I recently started the Harry Dresden books. They are about a wizard detective. These books are the lovechild of Harry Potter and Nancy Drew... but written for adults. :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I recently started the Harry Dresden books. They are about a wizard detective. These books are the lovechild of Harry Potter and Nancy Drew... but written for adults. :)

I ❤ Harry Dresden! Jim Butcher wrote the first one on a bet...his friend bet he couldn't combine wizards with detective noir. I found the first three books a little predictable (as he was following the basic detective noir formula...this is the part where the hot, treacherous dame walks in, this is where mafia goons should threaten to break his knees, etc) but after that, they got really amazing. Particularly love Dead Beat, but it is a ways into the series. He has another series (I don't love as much) that combines pokemon and roman gladiators. It is kinda funny. And he's started another series that is steam punk. Has talking cats. Pretty humorous.