Replies

• Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Freshandalive how long to get that 6pack abs
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Goddess0921 you are on the right track. Only you can do it and only you can want it. Welcome to My Fitness Pal.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 this year and I look nothing like the body I was 10 or 12 years ago, I want to be the athlete again.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear cute clothes and not feel uncomfortable. Wear shorts without being self conscious. Wear pretty dresses. I want to take my kids to the pool or beach and run around with them and play and not feel ashamed.
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    Goddess0921 you are on the right track. Only you can do it and only you can want it. Welcome to My Fitness Pal.

Thank you! I've been here for years, I just took a long and much needed break and am starting again fresh. :)
  • Goddess0921
    Options
    Osie95 wrote: »
    I've never been thin, ever. Ive suffered with my mental health for a very long time. I want to do this for me, I don't want to be this person anymore.

You'll get there. Getting physically healthy helps. This is a great place for support! <3
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost my dad to a heart attack last year and I am headed down the same unhealthy life path. I need to be there for my young boys and have got to make a total life style change!!!
  • Goddess0921
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    My husband and I made a tiny human and I feel an overwhelming responsibility to be there for her and to lead by example. I do not want her to have the same struggles I did. I don't want to be the parent that watches their kid from the couch, or that teaches them that sitting on the couch watching TV has more value than running around outside. I have to be able to keep up with her (this kid is FAST!). When she's older I want her to remember that she had quality time with me at the park, on our family 5Ks, swimming, playing sports, taking active and fun vacations. When she sees pictures of the super morbidly obese version of me I want her to wonder who the lady in the pictures is. I also want to push my limits and become the best version of myself I can be for myself and the rest of my family. I want to do as much LIVING as possible.

I understand that a lot. Only my children don't have any pictures of me. I've always refused to be in any. :( I feel so guilty now. I've been taking more pictures of us together recently, but that won't make up for the decade that I seem to be missing from their lives...
  • FreshAndAlive
    FreshAndAlive Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm glancing at everyone's response & I can't help but think wow yall are amazing! I've been in the midst of writing a paper so I haven't been able to respond. I will respond tomorrow when I can give you all my undivided attention.
  • JChole
    JChole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 31, and have 2 girls ( 2 years and 6 months). I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, to feel healthy and comfortable again. I need to lose weight in order to be able to play and keep up with my girls as they are growing. I don't want to let my weight hold me back from being the mommy they deserve! :)
  • nidhinid
    nidhinid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 163cm and used to weigh 80 kgs around 6 years back... i slogged my a*s everyday in the gym (and loved it). and in 1.5 years, i was down to 62 kgs. i looked great. everyone who saw me complimented me. i was full of confidence. but slowly i started slacking in my gym routine, and it reflected on my diet as well..
    then I got married and shifted to a new country. the complete change in lifestyle brought in a lot of junk food and little to no exercise.. in 3 years, i am now again at 81kgs (my highest ever) and I feel awful.
    now after these years of lazying around and stuffing my mouth with junk foods, I want to be back to my healthy self. specially when i know how it felt.
    i dont want to shy away from the camera or hide behind someone in group photos.
    i am looking to get my lost confidence back.
    i think many of you can relate to my journey, and we can all be each others motivation.
    cheers to a new life!!
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    As un original as this sounds, from the time I was born I always wanted to be the best "Me" I could ever be. I always wanted to give my all in every endeavor of my life so through failure and success I would have no regrets.
  • amiraammora
    amiraammora Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My why is ME! I want to feel happy again and that I feel good about how my body looks. So I promised myself that in 2017 I'm going to work hard for it. I eat 'healthier' and excersies ( what I hated before). My why is really selfish but I'm doing this for me. I want to change