Am I the only one who can't lose weight?!

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My 2nd scale was this: https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Epicurean-Removable-Weighing-Platform/dp/B005WLPVUG

I chose it because it had a removable glass top that was easy to wash. But there are cheaper ones if you need. With Amazon Prime it was at my door for under $30.
  • skribbelgrl
    skribbelgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    But fruit I don't count. I eat very little probably 1/4 cup. 1/2 of veggies, then the rest is mainly chicken and protein shakes. I only drink water. Rarely I'll drink almond milk. I usually eat raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, cabbage, brocoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts, peppers, chicken and protein shakes, and sometimes yogurt. That's literally all I eat, but I scheduale it different on different days. Am I not eating right?

You should still be making sure to log everything that you eat. Even fruits and vegetables have calories, and they can add up fast. 1 cup of blueberries is logged at 83 calories. Even if you don't eat a full cup, you can see that it will add up very fast. And since you aren't measuring it, even 1/4 cup more of blueberries is at 21. It is very important to make sure that you log and measure everything. And honestly that should help more to begin with, because when you go to start preparing and measuring everything else, it really gives your brain a chance to realize that you might not actually be hungry and are wanting to eat due to boredom, stress, etc.
  • deasmi86
    deasmi86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been Teeters hiring between the same three pounds for the past month.
  • JasmineDiver22
    JasmineDiver22 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @gamerbabe14
    Hmmm, then I'll just cut out all fruits. Literally eat just chicken and drink protein shakes and only drink water, because that's all I freaking eat. I barely eat now. I never eat my full 1200 calories when I log it (so I think) but apparently I'm eating more. I feel like I'm starving myself. So I really don't feel like I'm eating that much. I went from eating 3k+ calories a day and cut that in half. Soooo... there should still be enough difference for me to lose. It's pissing me off.
  • JasmineDiver22
    Options
    @JaydedMiss what do I measure besides chicken. You can't measure protein shakes or anything else I usually eat. I'll cut out fruit. I'll measure veggies. Other than that I don't eat anything else. Except eggs.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to eliminate fruits. Just accurately measure the fruit (and other foods) that you are eating. If you aren't losing weight, something in your math is off. Just accurately log your food and you'll figure out where it is.

Yeah, fruit might help fill you up and add fiber, but it does totally count, as do veggies.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    @gamerbabe14
    Hmmm, then I'll just cut out all fruits. Literally eat just chicken and drink protein shakes and only drink water, because that's all I freaking eat. I barely eat now. I never eat my full 1200 calories when I log it (so I think) but apparently I'm eating more. I feel like I'm starving myself. So I really don't feel like I'm eating that much. I went from eating 3k+ calories a day and cut that in half. Soooo... there should still be enough difference for me to lose. It's pissing me off.

you seriously can have fruit. weighing it would be super helpful in your tracking of it. you can have so much more than chicken and protein shakes. you can actually have pretty much anything you want if you're counting it correctly and it fits within your goals. (stay tuned for 8 billion responses on that sentence)

if you feel like you are starving then you aren't likely to feel better by cutting more things out.

i don't know what your stats are (height, starting weight, goal weight) but unless you're short you probably don't have to stick to 1200 calories a day either. especially if you only have 35 pounds to lose. i understand wanting to lose weight quickly and therefore picking the most aggressive goal, but you may be better served by picking a more conservative rate of loss (.5 - 1 pound per week) and logging those calories as accurately as possible rather than guessing at 1200 calories and feeling miserable.

also, how often do you weigh yourself? because there are a lot of things which can mask fat loss including TOM and other water retention issues.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    @JaydedMiss what do I measure besides chicken. You can't measure protein shakes or anything else I usually eat. I'll cut out fruit. I'll measure veggies. Other than that I don't eat anything else. Except eggs.

The label on the outside of your protein will say how many grams are in your one serving.
  • JasmineDiver22
    Options
    @jessiferrrb I'm well over 100 pounds over weight. I'm 5'2. I cut out all carbs except fruits and veggies. I eat chicken eggs and protein shakes and that's literally all I eat. I usually weigh myself 1 time a week but lately I been weighing myself every chance I get while in the bathroom and it's literally the same every time. But I do it at work so I'm fully clothed with shoes and it's in the middle of the day mostly when I weigh myself. I also have a desk job and only average 3k steps a day if I'm lucky, so that could be part of it. I been wondering what I could do for exercise since I have so much to lose I can't do much.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options

You don't need to cut out fruit, nor do you have to change everything your normally eat. What you need to do is get as accurate as your can calorie numbers for what you are eating. I assume the protein shakes are pre-made rather than mixing protein powder with something. If they are, all you can do is hope the amount in the container is close to what they say it is and make sure that the calories and serving size match what you are logging on Myfitnesspal.