Ex dancer losing my big butt with exercise. HELP!

Options
amandabanfield95
amandabanfield95 Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So I used to be a dancer and have been known for my nice shapely butt. It's always been really soft and jiggly but never had cellulite or was droopy. Ive never thought it to be too big where it's dimply or "unhealthy" looking. Just a big butt for my specific body frame.(small waist, big hips) I had the butt before gaining the weight. anyways I knew if I lost weight it would get smaller but it is literally falling off my back! Can I lose the rest of my weight without cardio. I really want to focus on my belly, arms, and back. I would like to dance again and that booty was my money maker:) lbs! I lost 20lbs doing intense cardio 5 times a week and some weights training. Wondering if I can drop the cardio(treadmill and elliptical mainly) and do ab and strength training alone? My lower body strength is amazing. My belly is what I want to focus on. Trust me if losing my butt is what it takes to lose my gut, I'm all for it. Just hoping to find a way to keep it from getting smaller without also training it to get bigger.

I know a lot of ppl will talk about squats and deadlifts and etc, but honestly that stuff depends on what butt you had in the beginning and the results you desire. I did squats and deadlifts every other day and feel as though that plus the jogging are what's making it melt off. My butt is not muscular, so I'm not trying to "build" it up and make it bigger. I just want to lose ten more lbs mainly in my upper body without losing the FAT in my butt. Lol

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, you can't control where you will lose fat. If you continue to lose weight, it's possible you will continue to lose other places before you lose your belly fat. My stomach was the last part of me to lose "extra" fat, it's not really something that you can target.
  • amandabanfield95
    amandabanfield95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, we can't target, my question is can I exercise daily with barely any cardio or maybe just 15 min on the treadmill? I usually spend 45 min just on the cardio. Like, will the workout still be as effective without the cardio to back it up? Would love to make a quick 30 min gym trip, but since I'm usually there for 1.5 hrs I'm kinda worried about my results, and if I will start reversing them by lessening the amount of exercise total.

Sorry if sound like an idiot, but it seems like you have to pay a trainer for them to even answer a few simple questions, and I've never exercised before recently. And I'll be damned if you can find two same answers on google. Ha.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, we can't target, my question is can I exercise daily with barely any cardio or maybe just 15 min on the treadmill? I usually spend 45 min just on the cardio. Like, will the workout still be as effective without the cardio to back it up? Would love to make a quick 30 min gym trip, but since I'm usually there for 1.5 hrs I'm kinda worried about my results, and if I will start reversing them by lessening the amount of exercise total.

Sorry if sound like an idiot, but it seems like you have to pay a trainer for them to even answer a few simple questions, and I've never exercised before recently. And I'll be damned if you can find two same answers on google. Ha.

You can lose weight without any exercise at all. If you want to do resistance training, you will get the benefits of it without doing any cardio or only doing a little cardio.

You don't sound like an idiot at all. :)
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do as much or as little cardio as you want. You don't even have to exercise at all to lose weight, just make sure you're eating at a calorie deficit. But, as was mentioned previously, you still can't control where the fat will come off. You say you don't want to have a muscular butt, but growing your glute muscles will give you a bigger butt if that's what your goal is.
  • twistedingenue
    twistedingenue Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at a deficit and working the glutes through strength training, you will lose it. If you want to keep your rear, I'd look into a strength training program like Strong Curves.

Plus, a big booty made of muscle looks amazing.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of ppl will talk about squats and deadlifts

Well if you already knew the answer.... :D
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wolfger wrote: »
    I know a lot of ppl will talk about squats and deadlifts

Well if you already knew the answer.... :D

she doesn't want a tight firm butt, she wants it jiggly! Lol. Believe me, girl, I understand completely!