Hot HIIT

Options
Hello, can anyone tell me how many calories are burned doing Hot HIIT? I've need doing the high interval training for a few weeks now. 60 mins each session.

Thanks!

Replies

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you the calories but the idea is that it boosts your heart rate so you continue to burn calories even after you finish exercising but how many extra would depends on your rhr et
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    NYC_Yogi_79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's HIIT in a room that's about 90-95 degrees. I'm used to the heat since I've practiced Hot Yoga and Bikram for years. It's great for detox
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Not very many.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I can't get this out of my head. I agree that a cold HIIT would be more effective.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    That's a train wreck waiting to happen. Here's tip, you'd be able to work harder and more intensely in a cooler room. The temperature is actually limiting your intensity and upping your risk of heat related illness

I will take this into consideration. Thanks.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I can't get this out of my head. I agree that a cold HIIT would be more effective.

I'll give it a try in a cold room. I don't see a major difference yet and have not lost any weight. I do feel stronger and see an increase in energy. Either way I still need an idea on calories burned.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lizbx1 wrote: »

I'll give it a try in a cold room. I don't see a major difference yet and have not lost any weight. I do feel stronger and see an increase in energy. Either way I still need an idea on calories burned.

everyone will be different when it comes to calories burned. and weight is loss in a caloric deficit. you said its great for detox? what are you detoxing?
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options

everyone will be different when it comes to calories burned. and weight is loss in a caloric deficit. you said its great for detox? what are you detoxing?

Toxins and clearing of pores
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    Ocrgrrrl wrote: »
    Exactly...if you can perform it for 60 minutes it's not true HIIT. Seriously...when I do HIIT I want to die and can only do it for 20 maybe 30 minutes.

It's a combo of toning and cardio. www.hothiit.com
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Holy *kitten*, that website. A big fat "NO" to the entire "About" section.

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound "negative," or anything, but they're using so many nonsensical buzzwords (and some incorrectly), that I can't take this place seriously.

To each their own! I've been a part of the Bikram Yoga community for years and was excited when this new class was introduced to their schedule. Everyone seems to have a fear of the heat. I've never personally experienced nor have ever witnessed heat exhaustion.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Holy *kitten*, that website. A big fat "NO" to the entire "About" section.

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound "negative," or anything, but they're using so many nonsensical buzzwords (and some incorrectly), that I can't take this place seriously.

I agree. Lots of buzzwords, but often incorrectly used, and sometimes simply nonsensical phrases that sound scientific.

Negative much? Lol. Like I said to each their own. Not answering my original question anyway.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ocrgrrrl wrote: »
    Exactly...if you can perform it for 60 minutes it's not true HIIT. Seriously...when I do HIIT I want to die and can only do it for 20 maybe 30 minutes.

It's a combo of toning and cardio. www.hothiit.com

toning is what happens when you lose fat over existing muscle hence you get a "toned" look. you cant tone muscle.and toning+cardio does not =HIIT.just because you havent experienced heat exhaustion doesnt mean it cant/wont happen.as for the original question no one can give you an exact answer because its going to vary by person.

not to mention exercising at heat that high for 60 min could lead to hyperthermia as well.which is why when its hotter than hades outside they tell people to limit their exposure to the heat and limit their activities. But hey if you want to risk it then that is your choice.