Any Pro-Wrestling Fans?

Options
AnsleyAdams97
AnsleyAdams97 Posts: 28 Member
My husband got me into pro-wrestling many years ago. Its a fun topic to talk about as multiple episodes air each week, thought it might provide some fun dialogue. I mostly watch WWE (Including RAW, SMACKDOWN, NXT, 205LIVE and ALL the PPV's!) I am also watching Lucha Underground, as it is now on Netflix, and have dabbled with WCPW. I think wrestling is a fun topic to shoot the breeze about, especially when something stupid happens.

So anyone want to talk about that?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I watch out of habit since I've been watching since I was a kid...I'm 33 now. I end up fast forwarding through most of raw and Smackdown these days. Lots of talented guys but the writing and stories suck...and that is a big part of it for me. I have to want to care to be invested.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    shameless ploy for hilarity and likes:

giphy.gif
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I started watching RAW again just so I could ogle Jeff Hardy. Does that count?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    On Monday and Tuesday night I watch raw and smackdown. After 11 hour shifts working I don't have much of an attention span and find it quite amusing to have on while I eat dinner or do whatever
    FeraFilia wrote: »

Yes it counts!

• turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they're in my gym all the time. Imitator's. Cesaro, The Dudley Boy's, The Miz, I swear they all look just like em,lol. Of course I'm Triple H.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    On Monday and Tuesday night I watch raw and smackdown. After 11 hour shifts working I don't have much of an attention span and find it quite amusing to have on while I eat dinner or do whatever

Yes it counts!

YAY! Wait.... is this good or bad?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Yes it counts!

I wonder this too sometimes!
    It's not the riveting plots that keep me watching...
    It can be amusing, and and I do appreciate the skill and athleticism of the performers...
    but, let's be honest, ogling scantily clad men has its appeal too!
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I couldn't watch wrestling for so long because I cut cable/satellite outta my budget. then I got Hulu and the addiction continues. gimme some smackdown and RAW all day long. love me some Roman Reigns! mmm mmm mmmm....
  • AnsleyAdams97
    Options

OMG Jeff Hardy had always been my favorite too! So sexy!
  • AnsleyAdams97
    Options
    I watch out of habit since I've been watching since I was a kid...I'm 33 now. I end up fast forwarding through most of raw and Smackdown these days. Lots of talented guys but the writing and stories suck...and that is a big part of it for me. I have to want to care to be invested.

I agree there are definitely problems with the writing! I think NXT and Lucha do a better job telling stories in the ring... but I'm still addicted even when it's bad. It's like a soap opera! Lol!
  • AnsleyAdams97
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    shameless ploy for hilarity and likes:

giphy.gif

I could watch that everyday...

• AnsleyAdams97
    Options

Yes it counts!

I almost always watch both Raw and Smackdown the next day on the Hulu cut, I usually watch it while I'm on the elliptical! It's perfect, motivating (I mean if they're working that hard I can bust it on the elliptical right?) and just interesting enough to keep my mind off the burn!
  • AnsleyAdams97
    Options
    Dar_Line86 wrote: »
    I couldn't watch wrestling for so long because I cut cable/satellite outta my budget. then I got Hulu and the addiction continues. gimme some smackdown and RAW all day long. love me some Roman Reigns! mmm mmm mmmm....

Lol! All about The Big Dog! He's not my favorite... in fact I boo him loudly! But is is not bad on the eyes, I'll give you that! Although why is he always wearing that vest?!? I want to see is chest!

• AnsleyAdams97
    Options

2a3otvv7a8a0.gif

Yes it counts!

I wonder this too sometimes!
    It's not the riveting plots that keep me watching...
    It can be amusing, and and I do appreciate the skill and athleticism of the performers...
    but, let's be honest, ogling scantily clad men has its appeal too!

• Metallifan79
    Metallifan79 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Always loved it
  • AnsleyAdams97
    Options
    e88dgckhoh94.jpg
    This is where the family and I are right now

LOVE those Becky Lynch goggles! Wow! I'm jealous!