Diets

Options
What diets have you tried to lose or maintain weight

Replies

• bicycleespresso
    bicycleespresso Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everything. Pills, Weight Watchers, JC, the list goes on. I'm doing Atkins now and have lost 19lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. My cravings are gone and I feel great. Im able to look at my goal a little better and still feel good when exercising.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    None...I lost weight by tracking my calories. While I was doing that, I learned a lot and nutritionally speaking my diet evolved over time. I've maintained 4 years...I eat well for the most part and exercise regularly.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My special Hotdogs and proteinshake diet ™
  • EvgenyTrawor
    EvgenyTrawor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    use MFP to accurately!! measure calories in, wear your fitbit to measure your "calories out". connect fitbit to MFP and eat how many calories it tells you to eat based on your goals. It doesnt matter what you eat, but balanced nutrition would be beneficial in the long run in terms of immune system etc.

My favorite diet is McDonalds.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I did the special K diet in high school. Stupid.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I tried Atkins once. I made it three very depressing days and on the third day my office decided to go to a noodle restaurant for lunch so Atkins went right out the window. I didn't even think I had much of a sweet tooth, but eating a piece of gum became the highlight of my day.

Mostly, I don't think diets work. Anything that "works" is only doing so on the basis of a calorie deficit. So knowing that, if Atkins or South Beach or Paleo help you stick to a deficit and can eventually help you eat at maintenance, do what works for you.

(And my testimonial for the calorie deficit method is that I've lost 41 pounds so far without feeling like I'd sell my soul for a cookie the way I did on Atkins.)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Whenever I've wanted to lose weight, I simply eat less than I burn. I've been doing that since I was 17 years old ... in the late 1980s.

I've never used one those named diets.