Truth about "zero calorie soda's"?

Options
ferd_ttp5
ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Does really the coca cola zero or any zero labeled soda's is a zero calorie beverage? Seriously like a water or tea?! It's still have a bit of taste like a sugar how does it became zero calories? I love consuming that beverage occassional in parties or other occassions and im worried overthinking everytime i drink it up if it is actually containing zero calorie that won't hurt my calorie budget up in a day. Also my father is a diabetic person who's also consuming that drink occassionaly when going outside for a lunch it doesn't hurt his daily blood sugar regulation so is it possible that it is a zero calorie beverage? Or im the one overthinking it because of my obsessions on calories. Feel free to have a comment, advices and opinions below :) thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It has very minimal calories. Like miniscule. Check the nutrition label. You're over thinking it. :)
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    If it's under five calories they can say it's zero calorie.

I drink loads of the stuff.
    And why the *kitten* coca cola labeled it as a 0 calorie? *kitten* coca cola lol and coca cola have some issues here in my country they use High fructose corn syrup instead of actual sugar cane. Haha

It has very minimal calories. Like miniscule. Check the nutrition label. You're over thinking it. :)
    It does have really zero calorie on the label! Zero carb zero anything except sodium it contains a bit. Coca cola your *kitten* lying lol hahaha

• ferd_ttp5
    edited April 2017
    Options
    They aren't lying, that's how American labelling laws work.

250 mL diet coke is 1 calorie. 0.1 g protein, 0.3 g carbs.
    They lie here in my country im from Philippines, Coca Cola Zero. 0g carbs, 0g protein, and a bit of sodium. And i think they try to fool people here because calorie counting is not that popular here not like any other countries. People here rely at scientific diet and any fads lol, and they doesn't believe that losing weight is just a single equation eat less or at deficit move more if necessarily. :smiley:
    Maybe i should just log it up 250ml 1 cal even the label saying it is zero without any worries btw thanks

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's more like tea than water (yes, tea has calories).
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I love my Coke Zero. I admit at places with fountain drinks i always go 2/3 zero & 1/3 other sugary flavor (dr p, root beer, cherry coke) GUILTY
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options

nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »

They lie here in my country im from Philippines, Coca Cola Zero. 0g carbs, 0g protein, and a bit of sodium. And i think they try to fool people here because calorie counting is not that popular here not like any other countries. People here rely at scientific diet and any fads lol, and they doesn't believe that losing weight is just a single equation eat less or at deficit move more if necessarily. :smiley:
    Maybe i should just log it up 250ml 1 cal even the label saying it is zero without any worries btw thanks

How big of a difference do you expect that 1 calorie to make?

Nope,I doesn't expect much sometimes i can have my cup of coffee without sugar that only contains not more than 5 cal's a cup i don't log it up anymore. But im driven out to ask this question because of my curiousity about the zero coke or a diet coke other term if it is really a very low calorie soda, then people answer me up that it only contains no more than 5 every 250ml now i don't have any to worry about :smiley:

• menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I know Diet Mt. Dew has a few calories but I think the diet colas are zero.

It's a minuscule amount in any event so I don't worry about it.

Now salty dry roasted peanuts OTOH.....yikes! :D
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Seriously, unless you're chugging whole 2 liter bottles in one go, it's a non-issue.

Even if you did what would it be? 50 whole calories? Big whoop. Lol.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »

How big of a difference do you expect that 1 calorie to make?

Maybe he drinks 250-300 of them a day. :D

If he's drinking that much, he's going to have bigger problems than the calories! :laugh:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Guess why they use high-fructose corn syrup?

To match the sugar profile of table sugar, which is higher fructose than corn syrup would naturally be. And it's cheaper.

Funny how some people are fine with table sugar and it's compound makeup, but a corn syrup changed to match it is demonized.

Not that you did that - others do.

Also, the minuscule amount of calories actually in it - despite them legally being able to say zero - is more than wiped out by the inaccuracies in your own weighing of foods you eat.

Or the increased sugar content in fruit that is riper than the nutrition info database was based on.

Well said. Just wanted to add a little research review to back that point up: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/straight-talk-about-high-fructose-corn-syrup-what-it-is-and-what-it-aint-research-review.html/
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    it's legally allowed to display as <5 calories
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    cozytimes wrote: »
    it's legally allowed to display as <5 calories

That is the case in America.

Not in all countries.

Op is not in America.

In Australia, for example, Pepsi Max gives its calorie amount, like all products, per 100 ml or per 100g.
    So the can tells me it is 1.6 kilojoules/100 mls which is about 1/2 calorie or about 2 calories per can.

I do not bother logging it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the zero in Coke Zero is zero sugar and not zero calories. I have never been under the illusion that diet soft drink has zero calories and I have never seen or heard it advertised as such..
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to worry in my opinion; there aren't enough calories to undo your daily deficit and they don't give you cancer.