one package of chicken breasts
one box of rotini macaroni
one package of crumbled feta cheese
one box of defrosted frozen spinach
three tbsp. parmesan cheese
salt
pepper

Directions:
First, boil a pot of water for the pasta. Once boiling add the pasta. When you drain it, do not dump the starchy pasta water right away. Next, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and season with salt and pepper. Saute the chicken until cooked in one tablespoon of olive oil. Then, take the chicken out of the pan and put it off to the side. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Saute for about five minutes. Then add the defrosted spinach. Next, add the feta and parmesan cheese. Then, add a ladle full of the starchy pasta water to the spinach mixture. Next, drain the pasta and put it in a large bowl. Add the spinach mixture, and mix it together.

Enjoy. :) By the way, it makes about six dinner-sized portions. Each serving has 360 calories, 11 grams of fat, 38 carbohydrates, 2 grams of sugar, 330 mg. of sodium, and 28 grams of protein!

Replies

• Lazytoad2001
    Lazytoad2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yum, now that I have to try!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oooh that sounds yummy. And less than 400 calories, will be giving it a go :smile:
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    looks great!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yay - that does sound delish - I may try it over the weekend!
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    one small onion
    two tbsp. olive oil
    three cloves of garlic
    salt
    pepper

Directions:
    First, boil a pot of water for the pasta. Once boiling add the pasta. When you drain it, do not dump the starchy pasta water right away. Next, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and season with salt and pepper. Saute the chicken until cooked in one tablespoon of olive oil. Then, take the chicken out of the pan and put it off to the side. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Saute for about five minutes. Then add the defrosted spinach. Next, add the feta and parmesan cheese. Then, add a ladle full of the starchy pasta water to the spinach mixture. Next, drain the pasta and put it in a large bowl. Add the spinach mixture, and mix it together.

Enjoy. :) By the way, it makes about six dinner-sized portions. Each serving has 360 calories, 11 grams of fat, 38 carbohydrates, 2 grams of sugar, 330 mg. of sodium, and 28 grams of protein!

Any idea of the amounts for 2 people?

I have tried to put in what I think it will be and it comes out as over 700cals ???
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Bump!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    one small onion
    two tbsp. olive oil
    three cloves of garlic
    salt
    pepper

Directions:

Any idea of the amounts for 2 people?

I have tried to put in what I think it will be and it comes out as over 700cals ???

Just divide everything by three. :)
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chelsea_carter22
    chelsea_carter22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I will be trying this out...thanks!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yum-O can't wait to try this! thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • nfprox
    nfprox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump!