Post C-Section and breastfeeding

Options
Hi I'm 4 weeks post c-section with my second child (2nd C-Section - 10 year age gap!) and am also breastfeeding. I've lost 15kg/33lbs since birth but I guess half of that was baby haha. This week I've just started walking 20 mins a day with the pushchair. Just thought I'd say "hi" and maybe make friends who are in a similar situation. X

Replies

• FreckledMamaFox
    FreckledMamaFox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet someone else in a similar situation to me (12 years difference between my 2 and currently 11 weeks PP). Way to go on killing those 33lbs, half baby weight or not that's still pretty awesome!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi yall. I am 3.5 weeks pp with my first though I am 37 years old. Excited to be back on mfp and see people in a similar situation.
  • georgearnold27
    georgearnold27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 8 days PP, 24 lb to go to my post baby weight and that includes the 16 I've already lost:) , but I lost a stone the baby was born so I've only managed 2lb in the first week. I'm hoping for a 7lb loss in the next 5 weeks as it's my husbands 40th then and I thought it was a good thing to have a goal for.
    I'm going to start walking as soon as this blinking mastitis goes and I feel half human.
    I'm 39 in 6 weeks so that's another goal, hopefully 8lb by then. I think it's good to have small goals to work towards helps the overall target fee achievable.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months PP and I just started even thinking about weight loss and such. My baby is very demanding and just recently got into a routine. Sleep was just way more important to me.
  • mkmarte
    mkmarte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi! I'm 6 weeks postpartum with my second baby and have lost 25 lbs total and would like to lose another 25. I'm breastfeeding and have started counting calories and walking on treadmill and going for walks with a double stroller :) I'm curious to those that are breastfeeding how many calories you all set as a daily goal?
  • kaylaandfamily95
    kaylaandfamily95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My little guy is 14 months now and I'm still breastfeeding him. I'm actually trying to gain around 12 pounds. it's so cool that there is other mommys on here!
  • sabu94
    sabu94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not a mommy but a PP nurse. All you wonderful breastfeeding mommies just remember breastfeeding can help burn up to 600 calories a day so it is important not to crash diet, but be mindful of what your eating. Eat nutrient packed foods instead of quantity. It will help with the weight loss and breast milk production :)
  • mamabearkrones
    mamabearkrones Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks postpartum tomorrow and need to lose another 16 pounds to be back to pre pregnancy weight but 27 pounds till I hit my goal. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I also have an almost two year old. Would love to have more Mama's on here. I lost over 30 pounds using mfp before getting pregnant!
  • mkmarte
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks postpartum tomorrow and need to lose another 16 pounds to be back to pre pregnancy weight but 27 pounds till I hit my goal. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I also have an almost two year old. Would love to have more Mama's on here. I lost over 30 pounds using mfp before getting pregnant!

that's awesome! I'm also breastfeeding my 6 week old son and I have a daughter who will be 2 in june. I'm on maternity leave until the end of June and really would love to lose 25 pounds by then! what types of exercise do you try to fit in?
  • mamaxkat89
    mamaxkat89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello 2 weeks pp with my second child. I am also EB and would like to lose what i gained from my pregnancy and some. I started watching calories today
  • Calzivita
    Calzivita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good to read your similar situations. I'm 12 days post c-section with bottle fed baby and trying to get back to normal. I have a stone to lose and dreaming of being able to do some cardio but not quite yet. Down to one small meal a day at the moment; anyone else finding total lack of appetite PP?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Calzivita wrote: »
    Hello! Good to read your similar situations. I'm 12 days post c-section with bottle fed baby and trying to get back to normal. I have a stone to lose and dreaming of being able to do some cardio but not quite yet. Down to one small meal a day at the moment; anyone else finding total lack of appetite PP?

Nope I ate like a horse PP seeing how I was extremely nauseous for 9 months prior.
  • PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello lovely!!! Well done on 33lbs off!!! And congratulations too :)

I had my little girl 8 months ago today, and I am also Breastfeeding! I eat and eat and eat and I have managed to lose 45lbs some how (though I think with my chocolate intake over easter it may be less than that, maybe +5lbs max). I am happy to become friends on here for motivation if you'd like :) feel free to add me everyone :)
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom too, been on a roller coaster my whole adult life, topped 215 when I gave birth in March. Been off​ mfp for a year now im down to 188 & my goal is 150lbs. Since I'm breast feeding I read I should not go below 1800 calories, has any one else heard that? Feel free to add me.
  • mkmarte
    Options
    I had my 6 week postpartum appointment yesterday and my doctor said I should aim to eat 2000 calories a day to gradually lose weight and not lose milk production.
  • AndraMW
    AndraMW Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For all you moms on here, you could add me if you would like. I try to comment on your posts often. I am 43 years old and a mom of seven. My oldest is 23 years and my youngest is 7 months. I was in better shape during my pregnancy than I was before pregnancy or after
  • aleldo
    aleldo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Most of what I have read says that you should not restrict calories at all during the first 2 months post partum if youre breastfeeding as you want to secure a good milk supply but after that it looks like 2,200 is a good calorie point if youre moderately active. I am due in 2 weeks with my second and have gained A LOT more weight this time around. Looking to lose 50+ lbs by next Monther's Day!
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello I had my baby 3 months ago tomorrow. I am breastfeeding and want to get back to losing weight. I'm struggling wanting to eat and eat and eat . Would love someone who relates to breastfeeding trying to lose weight.