Advice please 1 stone 3 months

Options
Hi

I am new to this I am a 27 year old female and I am getting married in August 2017.
I eat very well as since January I have been seeing a PT. I go to a HIT bootcamp Monday / Friday 6am and train with my PT on a Wednesday .
Slowly I can see a change but scales say the same. (Yes , I know to keep off them) I want to loose belly fat / 1 stone in 3 months .

PT has reccomend the following

2 omega 3 capsules daily
1000 Cals
100g carb
100g protein
20g fat

No gluten
No alcohol
Train 3 times and I will be were I need to be.

Thoughts on this please ?
I am 11st 12 I have been this weight the last 11 years with not much excercise and a good diet I maintain this .

Thanks

Jess

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your macros don't add up.

Did he say why you are to eat so little whilst exercising?
  • jessreece434
    jessreece434 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No , he said follow his advice and use this app to make sure I do. He didn't say anything about upping anything on training days. I am new to this all and with the wedding being 4 months away final dressing fitting in 3 I want to make sure I am getting the best advice . PT seems good and is a nutritionist as well . Thanks Jess
  • thischick25
    thischick25 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you're training, you're going to be gaining muscle, which will stabilize your weight. Take and keep track of neck, waist, hip, thigh measurements instead of focusing on the scale, and you might see that you are losing girth in places even though your weight hasn't changed.
    My husband is dieting and exercising with me, and he just noticed today that even his fingers have gotten thinner, although his weight loss has slowed.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    This app told me to eat 1200 calls per day I told the PT this and he said no 1000 calls don't listen to app. Omega3 for the heart also helps with weight loss . (He sells the stuff ) don't snack at all when I drink ... wierdly brush my teeth twice and make sure make up is off but I don't like eating when I have had a drink . No allergies at all or problems with gluten .. he said stop gluten and avoid dairy ... have carbs such as sweet potato . Brown rice and quinoa. (No problem as I eat this anyway and don't have a problem meal prepping)
    I am due to be remapped in two weeks were I will be measured so I am trying to not get on the scales. Thanks
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Omega 3 does nothing for weight loss. It is oil and has calories. It is very good for you though.

I would not be taking dietary advice from him as he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about food wise.

Dairy is great protein and gluten has no down side unless you react to it.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    Hmmm ... glad I asked ... the PT is super lovely , explains things very well excercise wise just not so in depth with nutrition and has so far taught me a lot during the PT classes . He dosent appear to make much of the omegas and dosent push them on me at all . Just reccomends I take them daily . He's not the best with getting back to me communication wise ... I am showing him my food diary Sunday so will be interesting to see what he says when I ask a few questions.
    If I get told to carry on with what I am doing after asking questions shall I find a new PT guys ?

Thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... glad I asked ... the PT is super lovely , explains things very well excercise wise just not so in depth with nutrition and has so far taught me a lot during the PT classes . He dosent appear to make much of the omegas and dosent push them on me at all . Just reccomends I take them daily . He's not the best with getting back to me communication wise ... I am showing him my food diary Sunday so will be interesting to see what he says when I ask a few questions.
    If I get told to carry on with what I am doing after asking questions shall I find a new PT guys ?

Thanks

If you like the training, why not just say you'll stick with that but don't want to talk about nutrition as you use MFP
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Thanks

If you like his approach to exercise, you could always just use him for exercise and ignore his calorie goal/food restriction advice.

1,200 is the lowest a woman should go and if someone is eating that little, they should also be eating back at least a portion of their exercise calories. It's hard for anyone to meet their nutritional needs on 1,000 calories a day and with the exercise, you are netting even less than that. That is what concerns me about your trainer's advice.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    He won't train me without nutrition as well as this is the way he works . Currently doing joint PT with a friend we pay £100 each per month for 4 sessions and nutrition advice . (Includes bootcamp twice per week)
  • jessreece434
    Options
    Thanks guys ... lacking in energy to get my self to the gym and train . I will ask him next week see what he says . If it's the same advice I will go elsewhere. Thanks for advice !!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    fire him. You can find an online coach for less than that with more experience and better advice...if you need a few names send me a note...@sidesteel is one of them.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    Sezxystef ... yes please ... I don't know how to send a note on here ... sorry pretty new !