Advice please 1 stone 3 months

Options

Replies

• jessreece434
    jessreece434 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pretty glad I posted this now ... instead of £400+ down and feeling crap in my wedding dress ! Conversation next week may be interesting x
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you don't have to take his "nutrition" advice simply because it's part of the package, you're obviously in the UK, he doesn't sound like a trained dietician..and neither am I, however it seems odd that he recommends you use MFP but also to ignore its safety functions...regardless, you are the client, you can decide what you want to listen to and what to ignore and I would with previous posters that his calorie recommendations seems way off, on days when you are exercising there is a risk you will be consuming less than 700 calories net. Anyway congratulations on the upcoming wedding, I hope you enjoy a long and very happy marriage :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pretty glad I posted this now ... instead of £400+ down and feeling crap in my wedding dress ! Conversation next week may be interesting x

Worse than that, 3 months netting that low could mean you lose your hair by then.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    I bald and skint bride :-) thank you for the well wishes I will carry on eating healthily and with bootcamp until I see him at the weekend and ask him.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Fire PT.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    I want to hear what he has to say first. Can anyone reccomend were I can get some proper advice online ? Some sort of plan to follow ?
  • jessreece434
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sidesteel .. Thankyou . He isn't pushy with supplements but does strongly reccomend the omega 3 he also sells it cheaper to me than I can get online .

He didn't say anything about make up some one asked if I ate when drunk Jokingly I said I never eat but I religiously take my make up off and brush my teeth twice (must be a weird habit when most of my friends are tucking into a pizza like a normal drunk )

Thank you for your advice I do appreciate it . I will go back to him and ask some more questions and see his response . It's a shame as I enjoy the training just lacking in energy and I he's very vague with his nutrition advise
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I misunderstood the make-up part. So you can ignore that section of my reply, lol

I would ask for some clarification for sure.

Do you mind telling me your current weight and how active you are in general?
  • jessreece434
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not at all , I'm 11st 12 (been this weight for last 11 years give or take a few pound )
    Before January I went on big dog walks and that's it. I have an office job 4 days a week and one my feet one of those days as a dental nurse .
    Since January I do 2 boot camps a week 45 mins long HIT and see my PT on a wed evening as well as dog walks .

Weight is similar, legs and hips look different but nothing very noticeable .
    Concerned with the result after nearly 3 months of working hard . Have been allowing alcohol occasionally ( vodka and slimline ) and some take outs but as of 3 weeks ago all this stopped and I have been extremely strict .

I eat very healthy and meal prep always have done and I'm not a fan of crisps / chips / greasy food as it makes me feel crap . I have quite a slow metabolism
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just for perspective sake, the LOWEST I would START your calorie intake at for fat loss would be around 1650 calories. I'm basing that on your current weight and activity.

Now, it's possible you would need to go lower than this, but I would consider this the lowest reasonable starting point.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    Wow that's quite a jump from the 1000 recommended. (Might explain why I'm lacking a lot of energy at the moment ) Breaking this down into grams of protein , carbs and fat what would your advise be ?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Wow that's quite a jump from the 1000 recommended. (Might explain why I'm lacking a lot of energy at the moment ) Breaking this down into grams of protein , carbs and fat what would your advise be ?

That should be your #1 indicator that you are not eating enough.

Remember that your body burns calories just living and breathing. You burn calories when you sleep. Your body burns more than 1000 calories per day, so you have been underfeeding yourself.

Think of it as a car. How are you going to run it if you're not giving it enough fuel?

A little perspective...I am 5 ft 3 and 10 stone 14. I maintain my weight on approximately 2000 calories a day. Because I don't own a car and walk/take the bus everywhere (desk job) and I exercise, I need to make sure I am fuelling myself for my lifestyle. I eat 1650 calories to lose about half a pound a week. It keeps me well-fed without feeling deprived, and I eat what I please without guilt.
  • jessreece434
    Options
    Thanks for the advice . I'm also very glad there is an answer as to why I'm being tired and burnt out quite a lot . I will speak to the PT ask a few questions and see what his response is.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Does your PT have any experience as a nutritionist/dietician? This is a very low calorie plan, and especially low on fat. Consuming fat does not make one fat. Our bodies actually need fat for healthy hair/skin/nails and brain function, among other things.

The lowest you should aim for in calories in is 1200 plus some additional to fuel your workouts. To lose weight, accurately and honestly log your calories in. And have patience. Weigh solids with a food scale. The exact ratio of fat/carbs/protein is not a one size fits all. Some people like low carb/high fat. Some do moderate of each. It depends on what food combinations allow you to feel satiated/full.

PT has reccomend the following

2 omega 3 capsules daily
    1000 Cals
    100g carb
    100g protein
    20g fat

No gluten
    No alcohol
    Train 3 times and I will be were I need to be.

Thoughts on this please ?
    I am 11st 12 I have been this weight the last 11 years with not much excercise and a good diet I maintain this .

Thanks

Jess

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you like the workout, great stick with it but it sounds like he has no special qualifications as a nutritionist.

The scale is hardly your enemy, just expect it to bounce up and down, loss won't be linear.

Go with MFP recommendations on calories but try only eating back half your exercise calories. Since 1200 is the bottom limit, it probably doesn't represent -2lbs a week. If you are starving, eat back more of your exercise burn.

Whether or not you lose it all by your wedding, suggest you start eating at maintenance 1 week before your wedding. You want to feel good and be full on energy, not grumpy and feeling ill.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    That seems pretty expensive - How many hours/week are you with the personal trainer? If the workouts are really, really good and you need the extra 1-on-1 time for now to perfect form, etc, then perhaps stick with him but toss out the idiotic nutritional advice.

On supplements, extra vitamin D is generally a good idea in the UK - most people in northern climates are low in that.