Gym plans instead of DVDs?

Options
i am a bit obsessed with going to the gym and I cant do ANYTHING at home. Yet, I hear all the "home" people talking about cool workout plans like P90X and Ripped in 30, etc. I realize there is no money in people providing workout plans without also getting to sale them DVDs, but is there a good 90 day program people can follow at the gym instead of in front of their TV?

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You can print out the P90x worksheets from their website, and take them to the gym. Tony Horton is extremely annoying anyways, so it's the best of both worlds. You would only be missing out on the description of some of the moves, but a little research could answer those questions.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the "New Rules of Lifting" books by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove - some pretty awesome plans, as well as nutritional bits ....
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I cant do anything at home either, I asked my trainer what I needed to do to achieve my goals, money well spent :smile:

After all these DVD's are a real money spinner for the people involved, I would sooner put my cash towards gym + a trainer

Stu
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've done almost all of my work at the gym with a trainer...love it. Money very well spent in my opinion, and I probably haven't spent much more than $150 dollars on it...that probably beats all the DVDs people buy, haha.
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    i cant do the trainer thing. i hate people. especially people like that. every trainer I have ever met reminds me of the guy Jennifer Aniston worked with on Office Space.