Any other Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Practitioners?

Options
2»

Replies

• computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you think MFP is accurate with the amount of calories burned during Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I usually adjust my time to how many minutes I spent with my heart rate up.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @computerfox82 I think the MFP estimate is too high, but it can vary so much from class to class, depending on your training partner, how much time is spent rolling, what you're drilling, etc.

@Matt200goal sent me this great link that you may find useful: http://timbrucejiujitsu.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-many-calories-do-we-burn-in-bjj.html
  • computerfox82
    Options
    Thanks for the article. This is very useful. :smile:
  • computerfox82
    Options
    Happy new year! How's the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu going? So psyched about staying back up!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Today is the third day in a row I get to go to morning open mat! It's mostly just the guys there, but many of them are really good at rolling with girls so it is fun! This year I will work through my issues with take downs thanks to the concussions and compete again.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    BJJ 3-4x a week. (3x GI & 1x No-GI) I'm about to embark on some kettlebell and bodyweight exercises to enhance it on the off days. It's addicting. And it's hard trying not to want to buy the cool looking GI's as well. lol
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    stang02 wrote: »
    BJJ 3-4x a week. (3x GI & 1x No-GI) I'm about to embark on some kettlebell and bodyweight exercises to enhance it on the off days. It's addicting. And it's hard trying not to want to buy the cool looking GI's as well. lol

Totally! I NEED the Venum Snaker gi, because I work with snakes and my favourite colour is yellow, but I love in South Africa so the exchange rate is not so friendly!
  • Lexational
    Lexational Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey BJJ looks awesome but I do kickboxing about 4-6 times a week. Such a good workout !!