CALORIE HELP PLEASE WITH STARBUCKS

Options
ANYONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH STARBUCKS...I DRINK THE SHAKEN GREEN TEA LEAMONADE AND ORDER IT WITH NO SYRUP OR SUGAR. I AM ASSUMING NO CALORIES. ON THE WEBSITE THEY DONT SHOW IT WITHOUT SYRUP JUST THE ORIGINAL. ANYONE KNOW THE OFFICIAL CALORIES ON THIS IF ANY?

Replies

• Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I used to work at starbucks and I know the lemonade has sugar in it. I don't know how much though :( sorry
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    SO THERE IS NO WAY TO DO IT WITHOUT SYRUP? I WAS AIMING FOR A LOW CALORIE DRINK...NATURAL SUGAR IS OK IM JUST TRYING TO AIM FOR LITTLE TO NO CALORIES
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hmmm....well I know the lemonade is sour without the syrup added so I think your safe with the lemonade. It's definately not calorie free but it's alot less. It's really up to you with what you want to do. I would probably look up calories for lemonade and use that.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    SO THEN THEY CAN DO IT WITHOUT SYRUP? THATS WHAT ID LIKE TO KNOW.....DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LEMONADE IS IN IT?
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    MAKES ME MAD ITS NOT ON THEIR WEBSITE
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This could be totally wrong, but I compared their green tea with the green tea lemonade and it shows 80 calories vs 130 calories which makes me think that the lemonade part (assuming they're similarly sweetened with the syrups and the only difference is the lemonade) is 50 calories. Since most tea has no calories, I would guess that most of the other calories are from the sweeteners you've removed.
    Seems like a reasonable guess for how you've described the drink.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    SO WOULD IT BE 80 FOR THE TEA AND 50 FOR THE LEMONADE? OR 0 FOR THE TEA AND JUST THE 50 CALORIES FOR THE LEMONADE? SO NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE.....NO MORE STARBUCKS...I WORK SO HARD AND I HATE BEING LIED TOO. :brokenheart:
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    .....NO MORE STARBUCKS...I WORK SO HARD AND I HATE BEING LIED TOO. :brokenheart:
    I couldn't follow what was the lie to you, but I agree about not spending at a business that lies. That is why I stopped spending $$ at McDonalds, years ago they lied when they said that their oil was vegetable, but the truth was that it was from animal byproducts.
  • thicansxy
    Options
    Ok i looked it up and this is what I came up with the lemonade blended 16oz is 250 cal with 60g of sugar but the lemonade with green tea is 190 and 45g sugar I know there is a way to look up how many calories are in ??g of sugar and just - those out i am sure the drink is half and half. it might be difficult but at least you will know if you can have it again or just go with sugar free syrup with 0 calories.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    THEY LIED WHEN THEY TOLD ME THERE WAS NO SUGAR IN IT..ANYONE WANNA GIVE ME A CALORIE AMOUNT FOR MY FOOD LOG IM TOO TIRED TO THINK AFTER 14 HRS AT WORK. :frown:
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    THEY LIED WHEN THEY TOLD ME THERE WAS NO SUGAR IN IT..:
    Perhaps there is no "real" sugar in it, and instead it has some other sort of other sweetener that they are beating around bush about. :mad: Because if it is pure lemon juice, there are no calories. It is a SWEETENER that turns lemon juice into lemonaide. And the type of sweetener would tell how many calories are added.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am no help with your drink, but wanted to also voice my frustration with Starbucks, this weekend I noticed they had some new "healthy" snacks.... there are 4 cookies per pack, then I looked at the serving size... 3 cookies, really? You are going to leave one in the bag? At least make it 1 cookie, or 2... then you could evenly split it between snacks or share with someone... but 3 out of the 4... give me a break! LOL

Hope you find the accurate info for your tea.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    TAKE YOUR CAPS OFF.

Oy.
  • schtump
    schtump Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    After 7 years, I'm not sure anyone's that worried about it.

It appears wilson5720 jumped on a super old thread. But, now I wonder, in this great drama, if we ever found out how many calories were in that drink. I'm on the edge of my seat
  • wilson5720
    wilson5720 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ps. I ssumed you didn't get the drink sweetened. The sweetener that is added is liquid sugar. Green tea lemonade is green tea and lemonade ( sugar the same as any lemonade you would buy at grocery store, when we run out we buy lemonade from grocery store) If you get it sweetened you are adding pure Liquid sugar to you drink.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    wilson5720 wrote: »
    I work at Starbucks, the tea is made from a large tea bag and water zero calories. Lemonade is lemonade and lemons are sour therefore lemonade has sugar. The drink is half tea and half lemonade. Ask ( when we are not busy) to see the lemonade carton sugar is second ingredient. Starbucks doesn't lie, people assume baristas are experts! Would you expect a gas station attendant to know the sugar content of their slurpee? Baristas salary is slightly above minimum wage, there is a huge turnover. Think of them as you would a target worker and get over yourself.

In addition to what @TR0berts said, if someone doesn't know the answer, then the correct answer is "Let me look into that for you." If it's really busy, then add "It might take a few minutes. Is that ok?" I'm sure your boss would love you just throwing around b.s. information to customers.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE WE YELLING!

So people could hear the question 7 years later, of course! :)