How strictly do you log?

Options
I drink endless cups of Tea in a day....I live in England, it just seems the done thing here!!

I always use Skim Milk - should I be logging every time I use some?

How strictly do you log - Do you record EXACTLY what you consume, or is there that grey area? lol

Replies

• ThatGamesStudent
    Options
    I log everything to see how good i am progressing :)
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Log everything.

If you don't you're just lying to yourself (plus it's hard to track when things go wrong!)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty darned strict. Yes, I would log the milk.

The only thing that I don't log is my vitamins, mainly because I don't know the calorie count and because it's minimal and consistent.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I measure out everything I eat so I can log it.. may be a bit obsessive.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i usually log everything!!!!! the reason i say usually is because its hard to log one raisin or little things like that. but i usually leave an extra 200 cals at the end of the day to make up for my little bites through out the day
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    I log everything, even low calorie drinks.

Remember that there is sugar in skimmed milk, so there are still calories.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, including my vitamins (but that's because I have to track how much iron and calcium I'm getting). Depending on what the meal is, I may not be obssessive about getting the amount exactly right, but I usually get it pretty darn close. Wanting to measure everything else out and know exactly what you're eating has made me dislike eating out, which saves me some money too (added bonus!). :)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Everything has to be logged exactly as it is. It will help you drop those extra faster........

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log everything also. :) If you use the same amounts every time you can tally it up and do a total of say 1/2 cup or whatever.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, but with cups of tea i normally cheat and just add the amount of milk used for tea in one entry. So if i have 5 cups of tea each with 15ml of milk then I do one entry for 75ml of milk. It is easier to do it that way than to enter every cup of tea.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I also live in England and usually drink 3 cups of tea a day (although it is decaf and I don't have sugar, just a bit of milk.)

What I do is have an item on my snack list that is '3 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk 'and I add it every morning as a habit when I add my breakfast cals as I KNOW I will drink at least that! It's only a few calories but I don't like to leave anything out - if you start doing that you let other things slide. It's much easier if it is just a click rather than adding them all separately - you'de be here all day!
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything. I say almost because sometimes I can't remember every little thing I ate. But, because of that I have gotten better about not eating "alot" of little things unless I can log it. I have cut out alot of incidental calories that way. I forget to log the diet drinks though, but should. They still have a caloric value if you have more than one.
  • eddiebrownIII
    Options
    I dont log because my wfe keep tracks of all the calories and it seem to be working. I have lost 60 pounds. Whatever she's doing is working for me:)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I drink endless cups of Tea in a day....I live in England, it just seems the done thing here!!

I always use Skim Milk - should I be logging every time I use some?

How strictly do you log - Do you record EXACTLY what you consume, or is there that grey area? lol

Very when it comes to items that have calories. All of that milk will add up at the end of the day.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee!! I mean .. before I add my skim milk and fat free creamer!! Even plain coffee has calories! That said, I tend to not log a single animal cracker, a raisin, 2 M&Ms or a sip of something that I'm cooking for my kids. (And yes ... I can just eat 2 M&Ms and stop! I can't explain how I do it ... I just do!) Some things are hard to log like that. But for things like coffee, in your case tea, I do log.
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Everything; even tap water...
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bah!! Off to log my Tea hahaha...Thanks guys, I know it's better in the long run :smile:

Ms Emmy, thanks for that idea - makes much more sense! (I drink decaf tea too!)
  • chapagonzo
    chapagonzo Posts: 53
    Options
    I log everything....it is a great tool to give you a reality check of everything you are eating....and it can help you establish snacking trends which might be something you were unaware of.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't log milk in tea, as I have very little during the day - and I can't really measure what I consume at work.

However, one thing you could do is measure out 250ml of milk into a container each morning and log the calories for that whole amount and then use it freely on cereal/tea/etc.

That way you're logging it, but don't have the hassle of measuring and logging each little teaspoon...