Lemon water and green tea

Options
sjlmax
sjlmax Posts: 2 Member
Hi Everyone,

Was thinking of trying lemon water daily and possibly green tea. Has anyone tried these daily and seen the benefits. I know thymes are both supposed to be really good for you but haven't actually spoke to anyone to confirm this. Just wanted to see if any 'real' people have tried them and if they have seen a boost in weight loss, more energy, better skin etc?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    If you like them, then that's a benefit. :)

And if it means that you drink them rather than something with more calories and thus stay within your calorie limit, that's a benefit.

And it it means that you'll be a little more hydrated than usual, you might have a bit more energy, and that could be a benefit.

But that's about all the benefits they'll provide.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have been doing that the last few days, but just because it feels really good on a raw throat. It is refreshing tasting. The thing is right now I can't taste hardly anything due to meds and this actually has a good taste. Imagine it will be great when I am off the meds
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Green tea gives me slight energy boost but that's just the caffeine - it's my only source of that and I'm very sensitivet. I feel like lemon water helps my digestion some, but I mostly drink it because I like it. And my dentist warned me to drink it all at once then rinse and brush because sipping lemon all day regularly could damage tooth enamel.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i just put lemon in my green tea because i don't like the taste of the tea.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    cozytimes wrote: »

Why are you drinking tea then!?

Lemon water and tea do nothing special. If you enjoy the taste tho they are a tastey zero calorie drink, and could help keep you from snacking.
  • roserly
    roserly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I been drinking lemon water for years, I didnt know there was supposed to be a difference! Lol. It is refreshing and tasty though and when you get bored of water its great to have.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Green tea gives me slight energy boost but that's just the caffeine - it's my only source of that and I'm very sensitivet. I feel like lemon water helps my digestion some, but I mostly drink it because I like it. And my dentist warned me to drink it all at once then rinse and brush because sipping lemon all day regularly could damage tooth enamel.

use a straw. you want to wait an hr before brushing teeth after drinking something acidic as it can weaken the enamel and brushing will cause more harm then good. use floss and then wait an hr then brush. you could also rinse with warm water after the flossing,then brush later. (got this info from a dentist as well
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Both are delicious but have never done anything to help with weight for me. I have been drinking water with lemon for so long I can't even remember starting (like I was a kid I know that much) and I love the taste but I gained all my weight while still drinking it so it obviously makes no difference. Green tea I really like and drink every day - same thing, gained weight while drinking it. I don't even get much of a caffeine boost from it unfortunately (but I do like it).
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The benefit I see from drinking lemon water and green tea is that I enjoy it which means I drink more water :)
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    http://tasty-yummies.com/10-benefits-to-drinking-warm-lemon-water-every-morning/
    I drink warm lemon water through a straw first thing in the morning or before going to bed.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I don't like green tea taste is unpleasant
    I drink hot lemon drink with honey when I have a cold
  • momandhercoffee
    momandhercoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink both because they taste good. I find that I drink more water if I add lemon or lime. I recently tossed some fresh pineapple in my water bottle and that was pretty delish!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Lemon water and green tea make drinking water more enjoyable for many, so they drink more and see benefits from being fully hydrated.

My trick is to reuse the same tea bag all day. To me weak tea is easier to sip than just regular water.
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea for years, long before it became trendy to do so. I couldn't possibly say if it helps in any way but what's the harm? If it does live up to some of the claims I've heard - fabulous - I'm that much further ahead. And if not, who cares? I like it and will continue to drink it with pleasure. And I'll also drink my red wine and coffee, eat my BBQ and chocolate and all the things that make me happy! Because isn't it being happy the element that ultimately helps our overall health?! I know I'm pretty darn happy not depriving myself of things I love! Yep, everything in moderation and on that note, a wee glass of vino tinto seems rather appealing at this very moment!

Cheers! ;)
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    cozytimes wrote: »

Why are you drinking tea then!?

Lemon water and tea do nothing special. If you enjoy the taste tho they are a tastey zero calorie drink, and could help keep you from snacking.

because i was backed up for about a week and i couldn't wait it out anymore, so i bought a senna green tea and hated the taste.
  • Hannahhime
    Hannahhime Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 cups of green tea a day because I love the taste and it gives me a nice, hot drink to enjoy at work. I don't know if drinking it can really affect your skin or not, but once a week I put a bag of green tea underneath my eyes to reduce the puffyness and black circles, and I also use the green tea face masks they have at Walmart for $1.37. My skin is almost always clear but it's probably not from actually "drinking" the tea......But can you tell I really like green tea stuff? If you want soft skin, try taking a hot bath with 10 green tea bags. <3 I add two drops of lavender oil to my bath, too, and sometimes 2-3 tbsp of baking soda. My grocery store sells a box of 100 bags of green tea for 1$ so I love treating myself to a makeshift spa day at home!

I'm not a scientist so I have no clue if it helps with weight loss, but everyone else on Myfitnesspal constantly says it doesn't have any magical weight loss properties so I guess I'd just listen to them. I just use the CICO method to lose weight but take green tea baths and use green tea facemasks regularly for healthy skin!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because I'm always cold at work. Brrr.