Looking professional, not sweaty! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good enough for government work (literally :D ).

Government worker here too! Your tax dollars at work. :wink:

Thanks for the tips! I'll get a more complete set of workout clothes here, some wipes, and look into the makeup mentioned. That'll help.

I don't usually have to interact with the public, though when I do it's in a very formal matter. So while most of the time I just have to look okay...there are times when I have to look my most official.

Again, thanks everyone. This helps.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »

Thanks for the tips! I'll get a more complete set of workout clothes here, some wipes, and look into the makeup mentioned. That'll help.

I don't usually have to interact with the public, though when I do it's in a very formal matter. So while most of the time I just have to look okay...there are times when I have to look my most official.

Same, and if I KNOW I'm having a meeting like that, I may skip my walk that day.
  • LadyLilion
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »

Same, and if I KNOW I'm having a meeting like that, I may skip my walk that day.

Yes, I probably would too. Sometimes they do surprise me though. Thankfully that's very seldom.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I keep a package of wet wipes, deoderant in the office. I change into shorts/tank/sports bra to walk at lunch. When I get back, I strip down/wipe off/apply deoderant and redress. I rarely wear makeup, and if I do don't really feel the need to touch it up.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Government worker here as well. I sweat a LOT and live in Texas. I have to suck it up and get up an hour early so I can fit in my workout before work. Showers are not optional for me.

Is your hair long? Braids help hide the dampness. Wish I had more words of wisdom for you! Great job with the walks. Keep it up!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo and baby wipes are your best friends. Dry shampoo especially. Keep up the great work!
  • LadyLilion
    Options
    Government worker here as well. I sweat a LOT and live in Texas. I have to suck it up and get up an hour early so I can fit in my workout before work. Showers are not optional for me.

Is your hair long? Braids help hide the dampness. Wish I had more words of wisdom for you! Great job with the walks. Keep it up!

I already get up an hour early to take turns with my husband on our elliptical. But that's only 1/2 hour (plus waking up, stretching and cooling down). I have an extremely sedentary job. I mean, it's nearly impossible for me to get in my 250 steps an hour my Fitbit asks me for because I'm usually in the middle of something. I usually work until nearly 6 and then home and dinner and dishes and housework...evenings are really hard to get any exercise except on Fridays and weekends...so I need that lunch-time walk.

Again, thanks ladies! Truthfully...I hadn't though of baby wipes.