Help with Apps!

Options
I use myfitnesspal, mapmyfitness, and a fitbit charge 2.

Generally, when I go for a walk or swim or exercise in the gym, I input or track with mapmyfitness.

Today I tracked my 1.2m walk. MMF says I burned 442 calories. Fitbit put a -472 on my log and now it says -36 for exercise. Whyyyyyy? Help?

Thank you!

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I don't really know the answer. However- I set my activity as sedentary (or the equivalent) on MFP and let my Fitbit add exercise calories. Works well for me.
  • HonduranHaze
    HonduranHaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That happens because your Fitbit is already tracking your movement. No need to use MapMyFitness, too.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I use myfitnesspal, mapmyfitness, and a fitbit charge 2.

Generally, when I go for a walk or swim or exercise in the gym, I input or track with mapmyfitness.

Today I tracked my 1.2m walk. MMF says I burned 442 calories. Fitbit put a -472 on my log and now it says -36 for exercise. Whyyyyyy? Help?

Thank you!

You've double accounted for the walk. The Charge will have counted the steps, and the phone will have duplicated that.

My understanding is that if you link MMF to FitBit the FitBit platform will do the reconciliation that you need.

You don't need to GPS track, but I can see the value as you may want to see how your performance improves over time.
  • CeiraDenise
    CeiraDenise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm wanting to see my improvement over time!
    Thanks for the help! Now I just need to figure how to log interval workouts lol.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    ...how to log interval workouts lol.

As in, Walk/ Run?

MMF isn't the best but will account for it.
  • CeiraDenise
    Options
    Well I uninstalled MMF, and now I'm sticking with the FitBit and MFP.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    When i said MMF want the best, it's better than not using GPS tracking at all.

Personally i prefer Endomondo or Runkeeper. Strava is also good but probably not what you'd want for walking
  • CeiraDenise
    Options
    My fitness pal doesn't have all the work outs mmf does ... like toe touchers and weird stuff like that. That was my other issue. Lol