Are people REALLY counting calories here?

Options
I just find it crazy hard. How do you all do it? I neeeed to get this 40lbs off me.

I know the biggest negatives in my diet is the daily eating out at fast food places. That combined with my lust for sweets. I like to cook but sticking to my meal plans and counting calories seem pretty impossible.

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

I know the biggest negatives in my diet is the daily eating out at fast food places. That combined with my lust for sweets. I like to cook but sticking to my meal plans and counting calories seem pretty impossible.

OVERWHELMING yes, impossible no. you can do this! once you get started it gets easier and you build a data base of recipes and commonly eaten foods then it literally takes a few minutes each day.

I have only ever found success with calorie counting. I have to preplan my day so I know where I have wiggle room if need be.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Try counting calories 30 years ago and you think this is hard? This is easy.

The more you do this, the easier it gets.

Haha! I used to have quite a collection of calorie books. And my little notebook for logging my calories. And no idea how many I was supposed to eat! This is like living in a futuristic science fiction book :)

When I see threads asking about how to get a bigger butt, I can't help but giggle.

Can you imagine someone asking that question back in the 80's :open_mouth: People would have been questioning if they were the full quid lol