How long/often do you workout?

No specific reason, i'm just curious what most people tend to do.

My workouts tend to fall between the 30-45 minute range. And depending how i feel, i workout 5-6 times a week.

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    It varies based on training needs. Right now I'm training for an indoor rowing half-marathon, so...
    M-F: 45 minutes to an hour.
    Sa: 1:45-2:00

When I'm training for sprints, it's more like 45 minutes all 6 days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - 20K (12 miles) on the bike...40-45 minutes depending on pace
    Wednesday - Lift...60 minutes
    Thursday - 20K on the bike
    Friday - Lift...60
    Saturday - 20-30 mile ride
    Sunday - 20-30 mile ride
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Varies wildly depending on time of year, goals, etc. For the most part, my workouts fit between 20 - 45 minutes. Occasionally my long hiking training can last up to 5 hours. I generally workout 5-7 days a week. But I've built up to that volume over many years
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    I'm going to colorado and will be doing a lot of hiking, i was curious if maybe i was over doing it but after these responses i dont think so
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    I'm pretty inconsistent with my workouts (10 min-4 hours, 3-6 days per week). But they probably average to about 30 minutes 5 days a week. I am terrible with logging these things, and I don't count light exercise such as walking and cleaning.

At my most in shape, I was jogging 45 minutes followed by 15-20 minutes of basic strength training 6-7 days a week. I was also hiking and adding on extra running intermittently. But that really wasn't sustainable for me unfortunately.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Usually 1 hour after work 4-5 days a week. 45 minutes over lunch 3 times a week. And then whatever sports I want to play in addition.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    45-60 minutes lifting 3x a week
    20 min hiit on treadmill 2-3x a week
  • Seanzypoo
    Seanzypoo Posts: 3 Member
    Just started doing 5/3/1, 4 workouts a week. Gym days usually last around 45 minutes give or take. Supposed to do conditioning on my off days, haven't really gotten around to that yet!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    5 days a week, 85-95 minutes at a time. I usually start around 5:30am and go until 7am when I need to get ready for work. Works great, I get it done before my day even starts.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    4 days a week for 45-60 mins plus one day of 90 mins
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Just got started 2 months ago and building on my endurance. I work out 5x per week for 30-45 mins per day on the stationary bike. Other than that, just walking. Once I've dropped some more weight, I'm going to add other exercises as well.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    M/W/F: Two hours max per session strength training.

Might go to a four day depending on my next meet and how much baseball effects my recovery.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Depends on my plan, but generally in a marathon cycle I'll be aiming for five sessions per week. Short runs during the week of c10 miles/ 90 minutes and long runs Saturday and Sunday of up to 20 miles each.

In an Ultra cycle the combination of long runs is the main variation.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I workout 5 days a week. I'm doing Insanity Max 30. I'm supposed to do the stretch on Saturday but take a day off, because my legs are hurting so much.
  • lovefriesam
    lovefriesam Posts: 33 Member
    5-6 days a week. Between 30- 60 minutes. Hiit some days, strength training others. Pilates too.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Half marathon training, so I'm running 5 days a week. This week was 5, 4.3, 5, rest, 4, tomorrow will be 9 miles, then rest on Sunday.

I also walk to cool down so that tacks on at least another half mile to each run. My long runs I try to cool down with walking almost a mile.

This is definitely an increase in exercise as I used to run 3-5 miles 5-6 days a week, averaging around 20 miles a week. Now I'm closer to 30 miles a week.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    I kickbox 5 days a week for an hour class and I go to the gym 3-4 days a week for about 45 minutes.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Currently 30 to 60 minutes 4 to 6 times a week, it will be longer soon because I'm training for a marathon