C25k question

Options
I downloaded the C25k app today. I notices each week there are 3 days of workouts. I wasn't sure if I supposed to have a rest day between each one, do them all back to back, or just fit them in whenever I can?

Thanka for the help!

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    You should have a rest day in between. Resting is when your body does all the work becoming stronger.

And go slow in the 'run' bits. Slower than you think you can. Slow enough to be able to sing. Going slow will help you run longer and further.

Good luck, it's a great programme. Word of warning, running can become addictive.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if I supposed to have a rest day between each one

At least a non running day. Cycle, swim, resistance training of some kind are all complimentary to running.
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I think we're gonna try to start today.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    It really is supposed to be only 3 days a week, so you don't overdo and get injured. You can do cross-training on other days, but it is good to have at least one complete rest day so your muscles can heal and get stronger.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I finished the program a few weeks ago, and I did it every other day, with a two day break between finishing one week and starting the next. I did strength training on off days, or a different form of cardio like Zumba or kickboxing!
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Try something like Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.