what embarrassing moment made you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• jonathanstevens132
    jonathanstevens132 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nothing i im unable to become a father if i dont loose wait an want nothing more then to become a father
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of these, neither of which actually inspired me to lose weight. First, a skinny teenager at Six Flags told me I was too fat to ride the Texas Giant. Second, a photograph of me at a family Christmas gathering as I bent over to hug "Santa" was wall-to-wall butt.
  • Inazea
    Inazea Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I didy notice I gained weight but it seemed like it was just a bit and then I saw a picture of me from behind and was shocked because apparently I have gained a lot of weight.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    When I went to England and a friend took tons of pics of me then posted them to my wall after I got back :s I never realized how obese I was!!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had to do team building in my final year of high school and one of the tasks was finding a way to get your whole team across this so called 'toxic lake' but you only had one pair of boots. People in my team didn't say it but I knew by small hints that I was too heavy to be carried and ended up having to carry another one of the girls. To this day I don't like being picked up because I think I'm too heavy despite my boyfriend lifting me for 2 seconds and tell me I'm not heavy.

I saw photos of myself from my prom and I had never realised how big I used to be until I look back at them today
  • BroooklynZooo
    BroooklynZooo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When my guy friend said "I like this new chubby bunny Brooklyn, like a playboy bunny" in the middle of the bar. I threw whatever was left in my bag of my pms chocolate at him and cried my way home. All my weight goes to my face and boobs. A blessing and a curse.
  • AmandaInNJ
    AmandaInNJ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love all of you for sharing.

I've had a few...not even trying to get on amusement park rides for fear of finding out I won't fit. Being profoundly uncomfortable trying not to be the person infringing on someone else's space on planes and public transportation. Avoiding tie shoes because of the struggle to tie them.

But the big one is getting asthma. Granted, it's caused by my allergies, but it gets exasperated by my weight big time.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I started buying pants with stretch band waists because the skinny jeans were too tight when sitting. I fear something terrible will happen. Lol.

Me: "Hello sir, nice to meet you."

Mr.: "Welcome, please take a seat."

Me: "Oh thank you." *squats to sit only to hear a tear and feel a cool breeze*

Me: "Uh errr please excuse me". * I waddle sideways toward the door in embarrassment*
  • teddybear24910
    teddybear24910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Planned a trip to Cancun with some friends, and the travel agent making the plane reservation asked if I would need a seat belt extender. I have never on my life ever wanted to throat punch someone so bad, but I didn't know if I wanted to punch myself or her. I just knew it was time for a change, AGAIN. Lost 83 pounds 9 years ago and have since found 70 of it hanging around behind me.
  • 92Irene92
    92Irene92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Shopping for jeans in Zara, I tried on like 15 different pairs and none of them fit me. There was a sales clerk that was helping me out to look for bigger sizes, and I had to give up and told her: "I cant even get them pass my knees or thighs..."
    It didnt help that she had an amazing body. I felt pretty humiliated.
  • chandrakantasahoo5
    chandrakantasahoo5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since 2yr my friends gave me 5 new names as I'm fat....so I want to lose my weight as fast as...
  • jdarn001
    jdarn001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not an embarrassment issue for me it was health. I was told by the doctor after many tests that I had high cholesterol, and fatty liver which in time would result in heart attack or cirrhosis of the liver, both of which would in time kill me. Kind of want to live and so dropped from 243 lbs to a current 149 lbs.
  • KaitzWrld
    KaitzWrld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting winded when I would walk up ONE flight of stairs or get winded when I would hurry across the street when people would stop to let me cross. Plus I was just uncomfortable all the time, always tired, and it sucked not being able to do things with my friends.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I was in Orlando last year and went to Universal Studios and the restraint on one of the roller-coasters couldn't fit around my waist.
  • msaprilmclain
    msaprilmclain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were at a block party, it was getting late and the crowd was getting younger and a little rowdy. A group of younger individuals came up behind us and a woman smacked my butt and said "nice mommy *kitten*". I was horrified but I can look back at it and laugh. Who in their right mind does that to a stranger???
  • determined_M_91
    determined_M_91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was as heavy as my boyfriend...now we are both on a journey of becoming healthier and more active
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Since my teens, I'd been the fattest/biggest in most groups of girls/women, so I was really used to it (was usually the tallest too). I had also always been pretty active and able to keep up with everyone, walked faster, exercised a lot, could lift heavy things, etc.

It wasn't until a business trip when I was 31 and at my heaviest, that I realized I couldn't actually keep up as well with my companion (average weight female boss a few years older than I was). I was really winded on stairs and had pain in my shins and ankles were swelling from normal daily activities. I was disgusted and realized it was time to change.
  • Chihaku_Zeal
    Chihaku_Zeal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My most embarrassing moment was weighing myself for the first time in 5 years. I was thinking it would be 280 lbs maximum, but when I saw it was almost 318 lbs, I nearly broke down. I have never in my life weighed that much and I don't even look morbidly obese so I was just horrified at it. Right then and there I decided to do something about it (After about 2 hours of depression).
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Had the pregnant moment, with full belly touching, and didn't stop me. Although in hindsight, it hurt that my mum, trying to defend me, played it off as my IBS playing up and bloating me. I mean we both knew I was fat, but she didn't want anyone to make me feel bad about it. And a little while ago, after I lost the bulk of the weight my dad was talking to an old family friend about me, basically saying 'omg she was such a heifer', gee thanks, Dad, nice to know you felt that way (as he never said anything to my face).

The actual moment came when I got on the scale at my doctor's office for something else and seeing the scale go to almost 16st. I was a scale dodger because mine was so inaccurate, as far as I was concerned I was still 14st! But yeah, I was trying to get my health in order for other reasons and I was literally a timebomb myself. 10st 9lbs now and no longer a danger zone.
  • will_be_53
    will_be_53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just didn't feel comfortable at the beach. I made a couple of photos in bikini and was shocked by how bad it looked like, nothing like all these instagram girls :)