Macros and calories

Options
Do you worry more about macros or calories? If I eat my daily calorie intake I usually go over on one of my macros. So should I concentrate more on macros or my calories?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Calories.
    But depends on what your goals are.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I try to go over my fat & protein macros and stay under my calories, personally.
  • robynrstiles
    robynrstiles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Calories.

I am maintaining. I kept going under my calories because of my macros and losing, but I'm not wanting to lose more weight.
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Calories mostly but I make sure to at least hit my protein macros.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories.

I am maintaining. I kept going under my calories because of my macros and losing, but I'm not wanting to lose more weight.

You won't hit your macros 100% every day. You're always going to be a little over or a little under on each. I think in 4 years I've hit my macros exactly one single time. Don't micro-manage your numbers so much that you can't stick to your larger goals.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i follow calories mostly but will check my macros (calcium, potassium, protein, carbs, etc) to make sure i'm not too low/high in any of them. i don't have any rules set with my macros though.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I focus on calories. At the end of the day I may adjust my last meal or snack depending on what I see. Usually it's adding a 30g protein bar, if anything. I never ever try to hit my carbs and my fat is usually good.