How long did it take you to get to your goal?

Options

Replies

• FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3-6 months to gain 15 lbs (I didn't own a scale at the time) and 3 months to take almost all of it off. I have about 3 lbs left.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Two and a halfish years to lose 140lbs.

My story.

So you have lost just over an entire 21 year old undergraduate? That amazing!!

I suppose it depends on the undergrad, but yeah! :)

Thanks!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in about 16 weeks. Stuck to my targets religiously without paying much attention to fat/carbs/protein. Ate a lot of higher volume vegetables and fruits and limited the fats while losing weight. Keep in mind that you'll have to adjust your caloric intake as your weight falls. Each 10 lbs of weight loss is about 130 less calories you should be eating just to stay even.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 years
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 112.4 lb, beginning Jan 25, 2016. I'm not there yet. I have not even crossed 100 lb yet.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 months to lose 20 lbs.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    7 months to go from almost 16st to 11st, gained some back (darn life stress) and went from 11st 10lbs to where I am now 10st 9lbs in about 10 months. My whole journey has been almost two years though because I maintained for a hot minute after I reached 11st. I took my second round of weight loss really slow to the point where I wasn't even trying to lose weight.

Just try and focus on building good healthy habits. I know sometimes it can sound like BS, but tackling the behaviours that made you gain weight will be the key to keeping it off. :heart:
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'll never reach an exact goal. My physique and fitness goals are constantly changing as I want to get better and better.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    32 months.
  • jenscolinharris
    jenscolinharris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm currently around 13 stone ish I want to get to 10 stone 3 I'm not wanting to rush this but how long should it take doing it healthily? How long did it take you to reach your goal?

It took me 2 years to get from 15 stone to 12.5 stone that I'm currently at. However, it's only taken me since last July to drop the final 2 Stone following a healthy, calorie deficit diet and plenty of exercise.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ill never hit my goal i keep adding new ones to keep me sane...but im 100 down and my 1 year aniversary is may 7th so 100 in under a year is a big goal i got i guess. 15-20 to go then i rebuild XD
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    20 months to lose 188 pounds.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 22 pounds. Now in maintenance I'm attempting the tedious process of recomp.

Everyone is different though. ;) You can do it!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well done to all of you! I have about another 42 lbs to get to where I want to be, hopefully going to do it within 6 months! :)

Probably too aggressive. You can lose part of it at 1 lb per week, but the last part will be slower at .5 lb per week. You'll be ~ 60 weeks as a guess. While still staying healthy.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    About 4 months to lose 10kg (22lbs). That was in 2015, and I maintained for a year and a half. Now I'm back to lose another 10kg!
  • Yummiemummy27
    Yummiemummy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 12lb in about 8weeks or more I have not really been keeping count of my weeks
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    10 months to lose 60 pounds
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Not quite there yet, but it took me 6 months to lose 60# and another 6 months to lose 5 more. Once I hit my first goal, I realized I need to drop 15# to hit my body fat goal.