Hit a plateau. Need advice.

2»

Replies

• Nic_813
    Nic_813 Posts: 21 Member
    There are 2 options:

1) You are eating more than you think
    2) You are burning less than you think

If you have actually netted 700 calories for 4 months, I highly advise taking a full diet break and try to undo some of the damage you may have done.
    Open your diary? Or pick 2-3 days from last week and list what you ate? Include food weights & calories. There is an error somewhere. Could be that you're using wrong database entries, using other people's recipes and assuming they are similar to what you're eating, or not using a food scale and eating larger meals than you're logging.

I was thinking the same about maybe eating more or less than I was thinking. I log everything. Very particular on that for learning and also easy to show a doctor if needed. Helps me also keep up with my iron because of anemia. I recently got a digital food scale and just started logging more accurately since last Friday. I have been off. Thanks guys.
  • Nic_813
    There are 2 options:

1) You are eating more than you think
    2) You are burning less

I use my Apple Watch to track my burn calories the most. It is on point to when I use the chest HRM. So I think I'm burning accurately.
  • Nic_813
    I may have missed it, but you use a food scale to weigh your food, right?

Just got one last week.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Nic_813 wrote: »

Just got one last week.

Sweet. Did you find inaccuracies with your logging once you started using the scale? I found actual serving sizes of peanut butter and ice cream to be pretty disheartening. :/
  • aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    I saw you mentioned you do mostly yoga/Pilates and running. I'd try mixing weight training into the workouts, even if you just start with 2-5 lb. weights or use little ankle weights while walking or running.

I've also heard that at a certain point, your body will actually stop losing weight progressively of you're not eating enough calories. You may want to up your intake a bit.
  • Nic_813

Just got one last week.

Sweet. Did you find inaccuracies with your logging once you started using the scale? I found actual serving sizes of peanut butter and ice cream to be pretty disheartening. :/

I found so many inaccuracies. I can't believe how off it all was. Having a digital scale now is beyond helpful. I am hopeful that now I may see change. I decided to up way calories also. Let's see what the next 10-12 weeks bring. Thanks for the advise too. Appreciate all the help.
  • Nic_813
    aamerine08 wrote: »
    I saw you mentioned you do mostly yoga/Pilates and running. I'd try mixing weight training into the workouts, even if you just start with 2-5 lb. weights or use little ankle weights while walking or running.

I've also heard that at a certain point, your body will actually stop losing weight progressively of you're not eating enough calories. You may want to up your intake a bit.

Thank you for those tips. You know, I actually had ankle weight in my closet. Brought them out and will be using the from time to time. Today I picked some 3 & 5 pound weights. Decided to start small and maybe later do buy 8 or 10. Thank you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member

Just got one last week.

I found so many inaccuracies. I can't believe how off it all was. Having a digital scale now is beyond helpful. I am hopeful that now I may see change. I decided to up way calories also. Let's see what the next 10-12 weeks bring. Thanks for the advise too. Appreciate all the help.

So this is the answer to the original question you asked!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »

Just got one last week.

So this is the answer to the original question you asked!

Thread closed indeed
  • helenjeanettesd
    helenjeanettesd Posts: 5 Member
    Normal metabolism of a female to be able to function calories should not go below 1200cal per day. If you are exercising and burning up the calories you've eaten your body will go into starvation mode and slows down. Then when you eat more your not metabolizing as fast this the yo yo effect. Increase your protein at each meal, this will increase your muscle and help your body build and repair it's tissues. Lean muscle helps burn fat. Fuel the furnace with healthy choices lean meat whole grain and lots of vegies at least 2 fresh fruit per day.even if you eat 1400 and burn 500 you are still not eating enough. 1500 cal ADA diet with exercise you will lose lbs.