I've lost 20 pounds but still feel insecure in a bikini?

Options
2»

Replies

• donovanwoodworking
    donovanwoodworking Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nothing to feel insecure about. You did anamazing job losing 20 lb. Now celebrate your accomplishment!!
    :-]
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I bought a bikini last year for the first time in my whole life. I've always been overweight or obese so I never wore one. I'm also 5'2.5" and got down to 125 about a year ago. I have tons of stretch marks and loose skin on my tummy from having 4 babies but I decided just to go for it. The more I wore it, the more confident I felt.

Like others mentioned, strength training has been amazing for me. I'm still 125 lbs this year but I definitely look more fit and healthy. I purchased adjustable weights and that has made all the difference. I think the highest weight they go to is 25 lbs each and the bars alone are 1 lb each so you can start small and work your way up.

I think you look great and should feel confident wearing that suit this summer! Don't wait to get to some magical number on the scale.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You look fine and will no doubt look better than any number of bikini - clad women there. However, the key is confidence. If you personally don't feel like you're rockin' it, then wear something you do feel fierce in. Above all, have fun! And don't forget the sunscreen! :wink:
    https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I think the bikini looks fine...spend enough time at a public pool and you will see some extremely disturbing sights. You're not even close to disturbing.

I'm always careful about 2 pieces at water parks though. Don't want the top to pop off on a water slide.

Really? :huh: :noway: