Binging !

Options
I seem to be stuck in this cycle of eating really healthy for a week or so, and then going on crazy binges all day or a night where I uncontrollably eat ! I really want to brake the cycle and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this as well

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have and is a horrible feeling. The key to overcome this is consistency. Just stick to your daily calorie goals and be strong. If you are eating "healthy" but under your calorie goals your body may demand some additional energy. If you eat 1,500 calories one day and 4,000 the next (as I did many times) is not good, but if you eat 2,000 calories each day you will be better off. If you want some reading material this book has helped me a lot:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1623361583/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1492964058&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=food+addiction&dpPl=1&dpID=51vvW8xT2UL&ref=plSrch

You need to find your aha moment, good luck...
  • annobrien978
    annobrien978 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I do the same I eat some days until.I.feel sick
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I seem to be stuck in this cycle of eating really healthy for a week or so, and then going on crazy binges all day or a night where I uncontrollably eat ! I really want to brake the cycle and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this as well

Your loss target is probably too aggressive, which leads to your roller coaster. Raise your target until you can stick with it. Once you are in a rhythm and have your tracking and meal planning under control, THEN you can start to increase the loss target.

If you want more specific advice, we need your details: age, weight, current calorie target, exercise and if you are eating back, etc.
  • TaraTaraTara76
    TaraTaraTara76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me too:'(