Are people REALLY counting calories here?

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's not that bad once you get the hang of it. I'm in maintenance now and still weighing/logging b/c I'd really like to stay at maintenance this time and not yoyo. ;) Eating out at restaurants that don't have nutrition info online (or at potlucks/other people's houses) can be more tricky but I try to build in a little buffer to account for that.
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's easy now. I use to think it was kinda weird but I can't live without doing it now lol
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry people aren't more encouraging. But you absolutely can do this. The hardest part is getting past yourself and changing your mentality. Once you absolutely 100% decide this is what you need to do to lose weight, it gets easier. Learn about how MFP works. Read around. Start logging. Start learning about nutrition. You don't have to do it all at once. It's a long process. It takes time and you can learn along the way. Everyone here is at a different point in the process.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just find it crazy hard. How do you all do it? I neeeed to get this 40lbs off me.

I know the biggest negatives in my diet is the daily eating out at fast food places. That combined with my lust for sweets. I like to cook but sticking to my meal plans and counting calories seem pretty impossible.

Like others have said, it gets to be less work as you go. If you're eating out at chains, all those food items should be in the database. When you're at home, you can scan foods that have barcodes on the packages, and build recipes for things you eat a lot and then reuse them over and over. (I eat the same two things for breakfast 95% of the time, for example.) Once you've got some of those things entered as recipes or in your "frequent" foods list, that'll help speed things along.

And like everyone else on the site says--a good food scale will make logging MUCH more accurate and easy.

Good luck!
  • AlanahCFit
    AlanahCFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay so just now for example i made my son a sandwich and took a bite then gave my daughter some souo and took a bite. How do i log my food when its on the fly like this?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    What are you finding hard about it? Open your app and log what you eat. Once it becomes a habit and your regular food choices pop up as options when you add meals it gets even easier. Logging everything also helps give you a second thought about what you're about to consume and whether you really need it or not.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Eating at restaurants was always my downfall, too. (Fried mozzarella sticks and their siren songs!) Now, if my boyfriend and I plan to go out to eat, I check online menus and plan ahead. We never just spontaneously go out to eat until I know exactly what I'm getting. It's really helped keep me accountable.