Nicotine Patches help you lose weight??

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    It's not dumb at all.... I have been vaping ( electronic cigarettes just nicotine and water vapor) for one month, and so far I've lost 23 pounds.... Yeah Cocaine would do the same for you, but nicotine itself is not harmful... Its an stimulant....of course I wouldnt reccomend start smoking, try vaping ... Its awesome.

delusional much?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    So I saw an article on CNN or something last week with a couple doctors saying that nicotine patches could help dieters when they hit a plateau. Has anyone else heard of this? Supposedly nicotine cuts appetite and (if I'm remembering right) speeds up metabolism. Not sure if the two docs were just quacks looking for some quick publicity, or if it actually had some merit. I would think that even though it's smoke free, just bombarding your body with nicotine randomly can't be that healthy... Or can it?

Were the couple of doctors Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil? This is the worst idea ever. I know a LOT of people who are hopeless addicted to Nicotine, so do you, even if you think you don't.

Might as well try meth or coke or heroin, or goat urine, I hear injecting it will help you lose.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Sounds like they are reverting back to the 1920s, nicotine was first used as a weight loss aid back then. Problem is once you stop using them you gain the weight back
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    NO! Terrible idea!

Nicotine is harder to stop than heroin or cocaine. You have no idea unless you've been there.

^^ This

Not to mention that the patches could make you nauseous and itchy. Terrible idea! You are better off with amphetamines than nicotine, and that's for real.
  • WendyTerry420
    It's not dumb at all.... I have been vaping ( electronic cigarettes just nicotine and water vapor) for one month, and so far I've lost 23 pounds.... Yeah Cocaine would do the same for you, but nicotine itself is not harmful... Its an stimulant....of course I wouldnt reccomend start smoking, try vaping ... Its awesome.

delusional much?

No doubt! Nicotine is much more addictive than cocaine. Lots of people can use cocaine or amphetamines casually without getting addicted, but I have never known anyone to try nicotine that didn't get physically dependent on it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Honestly, this sounds like something the tobacco industry would try to push in an attempt to get people hooked in nicotine and buying cigarettes.

Doubtful
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    I wish I could quit the nicotine ..but will power not good at the moment :frown:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Sometimes when I hit plateaus I just grab a knife and fillet some of the fatty parts on my body, it always helps me speed the weight lose.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Honestly, this sounds like something the tobacco industry would try to push in an attempt to get people hooked in nicotine and buying cigarettes.

Doubtful
    Right, because they'd NEVER do anything like that, right? :laugh: :noway:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member

Doubtful

You would be surprised.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member

Doubtful

Back in the day the tobacco companies used to pay children/teenagers to distribute Samples. I'm sure that the possibility of the samples being consumed by children never crossed their minds...

Can you still buy candy cigarettes? The kind where you could puff out the sugar dust like it was smoke?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member

Doubtful

Back in the day the tobacco companies used to pay children/teenagers to distribute Samples. I'm sure that the possibility of the samples being consumed by children never crossed their minds...

Can you still buy candy cigarettes? The kind where you could puff out the sugar dust like it was smoke?
    Yes, I've seen the sugar ones recently in a specialty/retro candy store. I used to get chocolate cigarattes at a local chocolate company that had a white wrapper around them that looked like it was a filtered cigarette....and my mom would buy them for me...:laugh:

Of course they're trying to get people addicted..just like any other industry. They aren't in the business of encouraging people NOT to use their product.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    I'm sure it's true - nicotine is an appetite suppressant. But, like others have pointed out, so are heroin and cocaine, and the side effects are worse than carrying around a few extra pounds. Even aside from that, as soon as you stop using them you'll gain all the weight back, so you've gotta think - do you really WANT to have a lifetime dependency on nicotine patches? When the bonus is that your lifetime is slightly shortened so your addiction won't last as long... eh, I'll keep the weight.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Oh. My. God.
    There seem to be some pretty thick doctors out there.
  • WendyTerry420

Doubtful

They don't do anything unless it helps them. People vaping actually means they are smoking less, thus hurting their bottom line.
  • rositaazul
    rositaazul Posts: 3 Member
    NICOTINE is NOT ADDICTIVE:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/nicotine-alone-does-not-lead-addiction-additives-found-both-light-cigarettes-and-e-337470
    http://themindunleashed.com/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html

The substances addictive in the cigarette are others.

Nicotine solely is a miracle substance that in patches (1/8 of patch for 24 hours) for those who have never smoked causes these healthy things, among others:

-Prevents Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
    -Help with symptoms of lack of dopamine (Drowsiness, depression, lack of motivation, hostility, etc.)
    -Improves intelligence, attention, concentration and creativity. Your brain will function better.
    -Relieves some pains by relaxing the musculature.

And:
    -It decreases appetite, so make a healthy diet is finally possible and funny.

I have been using 1/8 of nicotine patch since two months. Anxiety in the afternoons is over. Night hunger is over. I feel as lucid as I was 20. And the dosis is only 1/8. I don't feel I need more. If it were an addictive drug, the effect will decrease over time. But it's the same as the first day. The brain just needs to generate dopamine to function better. Some people doesn't produce enough dopamine to function. These are the symptons of lack of dopamine:

Chronic boredom
    Lack of satisfactory feeling
    Fatigue
    Decrease in physical energy
    Undesirability for exercise
    https://medlicker.com/789-low-dopamine-causes-symptoms-diagnosis-and-treatment-options
    If you have any of these and consider to ask a Doctor in psychiatry you can ask him about the nicotine patches. They all know that benefit parkinson and alzheimer patients.

As most of the good things of this world is reviled. They don't want you to know the benefits, because you won't buy light products, you won't feel happier, so you will go to the store to relieve your sorrows.

Everyone is telling nicotine is addictive or bad for your health is talking about smoking, which is really bad. Cigarettes have 600 ingredients. Nicotine is the best known, but is not the bad guy.
  • rositaazul
    Yep. Old post, but still in google searching. I posted because there are too many lies around us and I wanted to share my recent experience with everybody, leaving it for those who want to know more.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    rositaazul wrote: »
    NICOTINE is NOT ADDICTIVE:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/nicotine-alone-does-not-lead-addiction-additives-found-both-light-cigarettes-and-e-337470
    http://themindunleashed.com/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html

The substances addictive in the cigarette are others.

Nicotine solely is a miracle substance that in patches (1/8 of patch for 24 hours) for those who have never smoked causes these healthy things, among others:

-Prevents Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
    -Help with symptoms of lack of dopamine (Drowsiness, depression, lack of motivation, hostility, etc.)
    -Improves intelligence, attention, concentration and creativity. Your brain will function better.
    -Relieves some pains by relaxing the musculature.

And:
    -It decreases appetite, so make a healthy diet is finally possible and funny.

I have been using 1/8 of nicotine patch since two months. Anxiety in the afternoons is over. Night hunger is over. I feel as lucid as I was 20. And the dosis is only 1/8. I don't feel I need more. If it were an addictive drug, the effect will decrease over time. But it's the same as the first day. The brain just needs to generate dopamine to function better. Some people doesn't produce enough dopamine to function. These are the symptons of lack of dopamine:

Chronic boredom
    Lack of satisfactory feeling
    Fatigue
    Decrease in physical energy
    Undesirability for exercise
    https://medlicker.com/789-low-dopamine-causes-symptoms-diagnosis-and-treatment-options
    If you have any of these and consider to ask a Doctor in psychiatry you can ask him about the nicotine patches. They all know that benefit parkinson and alzheimer patients.

As most of the good things of this world is reviled. They don't want you to know the benefits, because you won't buy light products, you won't feel happier, so you will go to the store to relieve your sorrows.

Everyone is telling nicotine is addictive or bad for your health is talking about smoking, which is really bad. Cigarettes have 600 ingredients. Nicotine is the best known, but is not the bad guy.

As a smoker for over 25 years, who was fat for a lot of them, I can honestly say your post is absolute rubbish. The patches provide a 'fix'. If smoking/patches was so good for you the tabbaco companies would be using that fact to sell more and the governments would encourage it due to the amount of tax they earn.
  • rositaazul
    Don't misunderstand. Nicotine is good for those who have a dopamine disorder. The person who wants to use it should go to a Doctor in psychiatry to find that he has that disorder. Only in that case is good for you.
    Anyway you were a smoker, which is not that the point. The cigarette are adding to your organism 600 substances, creating a disorder in your system. Don't use any substance before asking a doctor.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    rositaazul wrote: »
    Don't misunderstand. Nicotine is good for those who have a dopamine disorder. The person who wants to use it should go to a Doctor in psychiatry to find that he has that disorder. Only in that case is good for you.
    Anyway you were a smoker, which is not that the point. The cigarette are adding to your organism 600 substances, creating a disorder in your system. Don't use any substance before asking a doctor.

Do you have a reputable source to back up this information? I'd love to read it.