Keto

Options
anyone working on entering ketosis right now or following a low-carb diet? I'm currently on my 3rd day of keeping my carbs below 20g and I wanted to know if anyone else was doing this and what kind of advice they have! We could even have a keto crew! ✌

Replies

• deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am also on the third day. How are you doing with it? I seem to be okay, staying under carbs, but my nighttime cravings are pretty intense.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet but have been reading a lot and trying to figure out all I can eat and what you shouldn't. Would like to start very soon!
  • TeamScorpioRI
    TeamScorpioRI Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up on the end of week 4. That first week was the WORST! I was miserable and hungry all the time. It does get better though. Halfway through week 2 is where I came out of my funk. Now I don't get all the cravings that I did before. What helped me is I have basical a single menu for a day and I stick with it every day. Here is what I do:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, half of an avocado
    Lunch: Salad consisting of romaine lettuce (no iceburg.. higher in carbs than romaine), cucumbers, olives, onions, bacon bits, tuna, and hard boiled eggs, Dressing is usually an Avocado Oil Vinaigrette (cream based dressings don't coat the salad enough for me)
    Snack: 2 cheese sticks
    Dinner: 8oz of chicken and either asparagus or green beans
    After dinner snack: 2 hard boiled eggs.

No sugars, no fruit, no diet soda, no alcohol, and NO CHEAT DAYS!

Not gonna lie... it sucks. But I have never seen as big of a change as I have with this. 4 weeks and about 15 lbs down. Beyond the weight, I see a big change in how I look. I'm leaning out faster than If I just cut calories.

My only thing is I am going to have to figure how to transition off this. I'm planning to cycle off in about 2.5 weeks before I go on vacation. Apparently you can't just start eating all the carbs again cause you will get sick. So if anyone has any advice, I'll take it.
  • garrettg84
    garrettg84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb and low cal. I'm keeping it under 20g carbs and at about 1600 calories a day and I weigh just under 240lbs. I've been doing it for 3 weeks and I'm down 20lbs. I'm doing about a pound every 2-3 days. The first week I dropped a bunch of weight, but that is likely attributed to the water lost when going ketogenic.

In addition to the relatively strict 20g carbs, I'm also avoiding sugar alcohols as they tend to send my gut into spasms. Based on previous experience with this diet I think sugar alcohols also prevent me from losing weight.

Typical breakfast: 2 eggs or a shake
    Typical lunch: small sashimi plate (4-6oz assorted sashimi) or 2 boiled eggs.
    Typical Dinner: Large plate of beef/chicken/pork
  • Gaets
    Gaets Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been looking into low carb for the last couple of days...I'm gathering info and wondering and thinking of lowering a little at a time like start at 50 gr of carbs instead of 20 gr....never done this so it's all new...