Starving After Weight Lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You may want to look at your fat macros. You need a certain amount of fat in your diet. Do a Google search on something called rabbit starvation. There's something about not eating fat that triggers your appetite.

When I went into maintenance I started lifting and I was above my calories but I was still hungry. I also started to work out heavy 4 to 5 times a week in the gym and I was constantly hungry no matter how much I ate. Bike Shantz I found this article about rabbit starvation and I did a whole bunch of research on it and it brought up some interesting points. When I up my fat intake I noticed that the hunger sensation went away. There are still days one for one reason or another I don't have enough fat intake and I notice on those days my appetite is much greater and no matter how much I eat I'm still hungry
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You may want to look at your fat macros. You need a certain amount of fat in your diet. Do a Google search on something called rabbit starvation. There's something about not eating fat that triggers your appetite.

When I went into maintenance I started lifting and I was above my calories but I was still hungry. I also started to work out heavy 4 to 5 times a week in the gym and I was constantly hungry no matter how much I ate. Bike Shantz I found this article about rabbit starvation and I did a whole bunch of research on it and it brought up some interesting points. When I up my fat intake I noticed that the hunger sensation went away. There are still days one for one reason or another I don't have enough fat intake and I notice on those days my appetite is much greater and no matter how much I eat I'm still hungry

Interesting that you bring that up because I have been trying to up my fat intake. Macros are hard to hit being a vegan, but I know that I eat very low fat most of the time. Mornings that I do a 2-scoop protein shake and peanut butter toast I am perfectly satiated!