Ketogenic

Hello, name is Joshua I'm from Canada. Currently using the Ketogenic diet. I started off at 213lbs and in a week I've lost 6.6lbs, so now at 206.4. Had a cheat meal at dragon rolls ( Thai and sushi) woke up next morning only weighing 206.8 so a couple of OZ. Am I loosing to much weight. 1,900-2,000 calories a day. 151g fats 109g protein and 20-24g carbohydrates. Workouts are at home and nothing to extreme, just body weight use to be a powerlifter at 220lbs to 280lbs so cardio is not impressive or good, but since I've lost the weight and more since on keto it is getting there.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    You've got this!
  • jenscolinharris
    jenscolinharris Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2017
    While the keto diet is great for rapid weight loss you will eventually get to a stage where you will need more carbs, especially if you start to do more cardiovascular workouts.

I started at the same weight you did 2 years ago having an injury from rugby and not training for 5 years! Portion control, calorie deficit and exercise worked to get my weight down to 190 and have change my diet completely to maintain weight and focus it on my specific training. Currently at 178lbs.

You're on the right path!!!
  • wannagethooge44
    wannagethooge44 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys, just new to it. And I've been reading but I know weight loss is different for others. Just wanted to check in, thanks again for the info. Currently at 203.6 goal weight will be hit tomorrow at 203. Then setting a new goal
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • cynd_89
    cynd_89 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi, I'm pretty new at this. I want to start the keto diet but How do I track my diet while on keto here on mfp? And it's awesome to hear about your results while doing keto it makes me want to do it even more!