70lbs to loose. Looking for friends.

Options
Hello I have around 70lbs to loose. I'm just looking for some friends to go along this journey with

Replies

• ambermmattox
    ambermmattox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I started at 195 and my goal is 130. So I'm almost trying to lose 70. Tell me about yourself! What was the easiest part to change and what was the hardest?

I live in ohio, I'm a mom to three, and I married my bestfriend almost 2 years ago. My last baby is now almost 16 months old and I weighed 185 when I found out I was pregnant. The easiest part so far is counting calories and switching my soda for water. The hardest part is exercising. I joined a gym that hasn't opened yet, and there isn't a set date of when they will open. I don't feel motivated to work out unless I'm in a group, or have a personal trainer.

I hope today is a great day for you!
  • Alexandra_Faller
    Alexandra_Faller Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I started at 195 and my goal is 130. So I'm almost trying to lose 70. Tell me about yourself! What was the easiest part to change and what was the hardest?

I live in ohio, I'm a mom to three, and I married my bestfriend almost 2 years ago. My last baby is now almost 16 months old and I weighed 185 when I found out I was pregnant. The easiest part so far is counting calories and switching my soda for water. The hardest part is exercising. I joined a gym that hasn't opened yet, and there isn't a set date of when they will open. I don't feel motivated to work out unless I'm in a group, or have a personal trainer.

I hope today is a great day for you!

Hello. Sorry I just realised I should have introduced myself better.

I'm 33 from Wiltshire, uk ( I did live in Indiana for two years) and also a mum but only to two. My daughters are 2 years and 3 years old so I'm well past the baby fat excuse!! I married my hubby 5 years ago this year, he's my rock.

I've been doing weight watchers up until now and initially lost 27lbs but have put 7lbs of that back on over the last 4 weeks. I couldn't be doing the points anymore and I felt so limited. Plus the groups were very boring and overpriced.

The hardest part for me has been trying to combat my binge and emotional eating. I'm nowhere near getting there either but I have tried hard today and succeeded.

For the last 2 weeks I've gone for a 3km walk every morning and I do an aqua aerobics class every Monday morning (with exception of last Monday as it was closed for easter).

I hope you have a great day too!

• theledger5
    theledger5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm currently 190 and looking to get to 150. I'm in Derbyshire Uk, mum to 3 kids, have no thyroid gland and been a yo-yo dieter for years! Just started MFP journey for weight loss, slow losses at .5-1lb a week and I do 4 cardio classes a week.
  • damirog84
    damirog84 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am 190lbs and trying to hit 130, mom of 4 and married. Finding it so hard to be motivated right now. Lost close to 30 lbs last year and have slowly been putting it back on. Just so darn tired all the time. Oh from Pennsylvania
  • elziethom
    elziethom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd love to join if you don't mind! I'm from a small village in South Wales and have 2 children, the youngest just 3 months old today. I'm currently 160lbs and have no set goal as such, just to lose my baby belly, tone up and get fit again. But since you all want to get to 130lbs I'll aim for that too!
    I want to run the Swansea bay 10k in September and have been massively inspired watching the TV coverage of the London marathon this morning. But I'm starting from nowhere there. I tried the body coach plan last year but failed badly. 2 years ago I lost a good amount of weight and go to a uk size 10.
    It's my brother's wedding in 11 weeks and I have a dress that I really love and I like the way it looks on but I don't LOVE the way it looks on me so that's my first aim. I started calorie counting today and am determined to get back into some of the nice clothes that are hanging redundant in my wardrobe.
    Hopefully we can motivate each other to reach our goals!!
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In to win it with you! Totally add me! Let's inspire each other
  • JenniK614
    JenniK614 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have lost 25 pounds toward my 100 pound goal.

I am a mom of two boys, ages two and nine. I usually do well with my eating, but I am very sedentary. I spend several hours per day in the car driving to different sites for work. Being in the car so much definitely cuts down on the time I can move my body. After work, I feel guilty about taking the time to exercise because my boys have already been in school and daycare all day. I am working on finding a balance, and it feels good to finally be doing something to care for myself!
  • gottachangetoday
    gottachangetoday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Mom of three here struggling to find motivation and needs accountability! I would like to loose around 30 lbs and am just getting started. I could use a few friends. Please feel free to add me!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.

Our stats are very similar. I started at 193 and am now down 25 pounds. My goal is around 130 but I've never been that weight so it's adjustable when I get closer.
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Looking for friends to keep me motivated!
  • jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Jennifer I'm 26 years old. I just had a baby last month and I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy so I'm looking to loose about 60 pounds. I need some motivation and would love to be friends!
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I'm 226, i went down to 200.6 (i'll never forget i was .6 away from my mini goal T.T) and gained most of my weight back. I need to love over 70lbs. My goal weight is 150 but I'll rethink that as I get closer. anyway I'm always looking for new friends :)
  • DangerProneDani
    DangerProneDani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would also love to join you ladies! I need more motivation to keep up. I currently weigh 200lbs, I stay pretty active, but have started taking classes and realize that all my time is invested in my full-time job, class and studying.

I had lost 40lbs and am now at a plateau. I have kept it off, but finding it discouraging that I mix up my routine, changed my eating habits more and still haven't seen much of a difference. On top of everything, my own exercise supporter moved to another state and now I have no motivation to go to the gym by myself.

It is nice to see other ladies are going through a similar struggle! Feel free to add me!
  • Alexandra_Faller
    Options
    damirog84 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I am 190lbs and trying to hit 130, mom of 4 and married. Finding it so hard to be motivated right now. Lost close to 30 lbs last year and have slowly been putting it back on. Just so darn tired all the time. Oh from Pennsylvania

Hello *waves* I know the tired feeling!!! My husbands family are from Pennsylvania :) I think together we can all do this :)
  • Alexandra_Faller
    Options
    elziethom wrote: »
    Hi I'd love to join if you don't mind! I'm from a small village in South Wales and have 2 children, the youngest just 3 months old today. I'm currently 160lbs and have no set goal as such, just to lose my baby belly, tone up and get fit again. But since you all want to get to 130lbs I'll aim for that too!
    I want to run the Swansea bay 10k in September and have been massively inspired watching the TV coverage of the London marathon this morning. But I'm starting from nowhere there. I tried the body coach plan last year but failed badly. 2 years ago I lost a good amount of weight and go to a uk size 10.
    It's my brother's wedding in 11 weeks and I have a dress that I really love and I like the way it looks on but I don't LOVE the way it looks on me so that's my first aim. I started calorie counting today and am determined to get back into some of the nice clothes that are hanging redundant in my wardrobe.
    Hopefully we can motivate each other to reach our goals!!

Hello!! I used to live in Swansea and would run down the bay every week. This was in 2011 so a long time ago and unfortunately I can't run anymore due to knee and foot issues :( it's such a beautiful run down there so definitely go for it!!
    I have loads of nice clothes too just sat in a suitcase!! I'm fed up wearing stretchy leggings, long tops and baggy jumpers to hide I. :(
    We can all do this together :) I feel it in my bones!! Lol.
  • Eilise4
    Eilise4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just re-signed up for the millionth time this morning and would love to join you. I'm the same, looking to lose about 40-50 lbs. my pelvis split in pregnancy with my 2nd baby 2 years ago. I'm still attending Physiotherapy and I'm not sure where I'll end up so exercising isn't great at the mo, just walking on flat (which is difficult as I don't live anywhere flat-lol) and I can do swimming but only the breast stroke, which I'm not confident with... anyways, it'll be great to have others, like myself, with a goal to achieve. I'm heading on holidays to Lanzarote in 6 weeks and I really don't want to be such a beached whale... I'm in N. Ireland x
  • Gloriosa10
    Gloriosa10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I would also like to join you as my fitness- and motivation level is very, very low at the moment.
    After giving birth to two wonderful Boys (13 months and 2,5 years) <3 I'm fighting to lose this belly fat and feeling comfortable again in my Body :-(
    I live in Austria/Europe and currently I'm160 lbs. My goal is around 115-120 lbs as I am only 162 cm (5ft 3,8in). I turn 42 at the end of the week and it's quite hard to get in shape again :(
  • Eilise4
    Eilise4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quick question... how do I add you ladies? Thanks x
  • elziethom
    elziethom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eilise4 wrote: »
    Quick question... how do I add you ladies? Thanks x

I think if you tap on someone's name, then do so again in the next screen, you get a symbol of a person with a + sign. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I don't know it! I'll try and add you to see if it works x
  • TattooedAries
    TattooedAries Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too :)