Getting back on track

Options
hello!

My name is Carrie and I'm an RN. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds in the next three months using fitness tracker and the T 25 work outs and shake ologies

Replies

• carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So its been about 18 months since i posted this and i wish i had good news but im still struggling with my weight and lifestyle. In fact i'm probably heavier now then when i wrote the original post.

But i recently decided to give it another go, for probably the thousandth time. but better to keep trying then to give up all together i suppose.

This time I'm going to try to focus on the healthier living aspect than the dropping pounds fast.

wish me luck, yet again!
  • dgsocwrkr
    dgsocwrkr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in a similar boat. I'm back at this again too and it's tough. 1 week in. Friend me if you're interested in support. Good luck!
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After trying with little to no success, I have been more intentional about what I want. I have written down on notecards what I want my life to be about, goals to help get there, monthly, weekly and daily targets. Each Sunday I sit down and map out my week. What days and times will I exercise. Each day I set 4 goals that I monitor and track: 10,000+ plus steps, 64oz.+ of water, exercise/stretching, 7 hours of sleep. I have found by being intentional and working on small daily wins have led to weekly wins. Please feel free to send a message/friend request if you want more detail on how I use this. Best of luck!
  • carrieoffen
    carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So i weighed myself this morning and almost cried a little. i'm the heaviest ive ever been.

im trying to tell myself its the heaviest i ever will be but wow....
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Please friend me if you need positive words and support. I know the struggle and understand.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, the thing that helped be more successful this time around was focusing on a sustainable calorie goal instead of trying to lose at the fastest rate possible. Here are some tips you might find helpful:
    • Buy a food scale if you don't have one already - best tool you will ever invest next to no money in for weightloss
    • Log your normal eating for a couple of days - look at where you are taking in unnecessary calories, for me a lot of it was oil in cooking and underestimating portion sizes.
    • Set yourself a sustainable goal in MFP, making sure your profile is set up correctly, I imagine if you're an RN you will be on your feet a good bit, your activity level should reflect this. Try setting your goal weight to 0.5/1lb per week instead of the most agressive loss rate. Slow and Steady wins the race.
    • Find small ways to adjust your diet to correct these - I now use spray oil (frylight) to coat the pan or tray which saves me up to 200 calories per day and since I started weighing thing I have a much better idea of healthier portions and can more accurately when I am eating out.
    • Don't excessively restrict things from your diet (unless medically required), it makes most of us want those things even more. Eating the stuff you like in moderate amounts can be a lot easier than cutting it out altogether. If you want the weight to stay off this needs to be a way of eating that you can live with permanently.
    • Add people in MFP with similar goals for accountability and support.

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So its been about 18 months since i posted this and i wish i had good news but im still struggling with my weight and lifestyle. In fact i'm probably heavier now then when i wrote the original post.

But i recently decided to give it another go, for probably the thousandth time. but better to keep trying then to give up all together i suppose.

This time I'm going to try to focus on the healthier living aspect than the dropping pounds fast.

wish me luck, yet again!

I also recommend to stop relying on the scale. It took progress pictures for me to realize that what I was doing was worth it. The scale can be cruel and not show true progress which in turn can cause you to fall off the wagon and just give up. good luck!!
  • brooke__85
    brooke__85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Carrie! You can do this!!! Start out with small changes, like making sure you are drinking enough water everyday and then gradually go from there. You are right to focus on the healthy aspect of this! These are lifestyle changes. Believe in yourself! You are worth it!
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So i weighed myself this morning and almost cried a little. i'm the heaviest ive ever been.

im trying to tell myself its the heaviest i ever will be but wow....

First of all, here are some hugs --> XXXXXXX

I am in the same boat as you and trying to lose 30 lbs. This is the heaviest that I have ever been also!

As another PP mentioned, I also take it one week at a time, instead of day to day. And I try to weigh myself every 2 weeks, instead of every week. This helps, and even though I only lost ONE pound in two weeks, that is still a loss! If I had weighed myself every day, or last week, I may not have lost this pound, which would have really depressed me.