geminigemz90
geminigemz90 Posts: 305 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Having trouble being consistent in my weight loss journey ☹️

Replies

• missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    With what specifically? Logging, sticking to your calorie goal, working out?
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Maybe the long term picture is to much to focus on. Focus on today and say loosing your first 10%. I have a long way to go as well but I focus on how far I have come and all the NSV that mean so much more to me than the scale does
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Overall,looking how far it takes to reach my weight loss goal ☹️

How do I put this... Say you're thinking it could take about a year to get your goal (using myself as an example). I'll (hopefully) still be here in a year. I could gain weight. I could stay the same. Or I could work hard and get to goal. Whichever I choose, I'm going to still exist in a year's time. Why not be a better version of myself?

Don't be afraid of hard work and time. Enjoy the little moments that will come - like wearing a smaller pair of pants, being able to walk up stairs without getting out of breath, the first time someone congratulates you on your weight loss... it's worth it.
  • AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree. When I look at my overall fitness goal it's overwhelming sometimes but something I was taught when doing long hikes with a 40+ lb pack was not to think about the finish, just focus on the next step, then the next step after that. Before you know it you are there. Keep it up and don't get discouraged.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    one of the hardest lessons for many people is the realization that progress takes 100 times longer than they want it to.

But once people realize that good consistency generally yields better results than does occasional perfection, it becomes a bit easier to deal with.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier for some than others. I see that I can now walk a mile in just under 20 minutes a few months ago I couldn't walk half a mile in 20 minutes. I use to be out of breath going up the stairs and need to stop but now not only am I no longer out of breath I don't need to stop and rest! When I started riding a recumbent bike I couldn't make it 5 minutes now I am good for an hour and I've started using the elliptical! I've also gone down 2 pant sizes. I focus on all of that those NSV instead of the fact that I still have over 125 pounds to loose. That number I have to loose is just that a number. But all the other things are what keep me going :)
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The time will pass no matter what you are doing so why not use that time to work on being the person you want to be? Work on being the version of you that makes you happy, makes you feel proud of who you are and what you've become, makes you flip your hair when you look in that mirror! :smiley:
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your meals for the week; I do this on Sunday nights...and it helps me stay consistent. You don't need to log the whole day either...maybe just a few meals (like b'fast and lunch).

Stop hitting the "you'll weigh this much in 5 weeks" button. That thing was aggravating me. Maybe you'll focus less on how long weight loss will take.