Eat At Home Open Challenge - Starts Sun Jul 24!

Options

Replies

• JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I am in.

If you don't cook or can't cook, there's a lot of things you can still whip up that's healthy and easy to do:

Let me share what I had for lunch:

Steamed green beans
    Cucumber, peeled and diced
    Cherry tomatoes
    Low fat cottage cheese

All in one plate: I can't have pepper so I seasoned it with dried basil and salt with parsley.

Dinner:
    Baked in a foil:
    Tilapia fillet
    Red potato
    baby carrots
    some slices of onions
    season to taste
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! This will be a great excuse to tell the husband "no" to eating out. Already have some yummy meals planned for next week.

Thanks, this is a great challlenge idea! :flowerforyou:
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea!! I'm in.

Thursday will be my only downfall. My hubby & I go out to eat every Thursday; it's our date night aka our night out away from the kids. LOL! But, I will try my very best to talk him into eating @ home next Thursday. :bigsmile:

What about a candlelit dinner? Tablecloth, candles, light music... the works... could be an opportunity to do something really romantic... orrrr... just do a regular dinner at home and go out and do something else non-food related for your date (bowling, movies, dancing)... ? I'm just thinking out loud... lol

Well, as far as the candlelight dinner goes, it would be nice and romantic if we had the house to ourselves. But w/ 3 kids running around, the'd be no romance there. We don't bowl and if we were to go dancing, I'd end up drinking a couple of drinks. LOL! The movies sounds good but everytime we go to the movies, my hubby has got to get the biggest bucket of popcorn. And I am a such a sucker for popcorn. The smell itself kills me.

Maybe we can get away for an hour or so and do some shopping. We've not been shopping in a while & we can always use new clothes. Either that or we can just stay home and eat, go to bed early, & watch a movie in our bedroom. That sounds good. Yeah, we'll do that! :wink:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am in.

If you don't cook or can't cook, there's a lot of things you can still whip up that's healthy and easy to do:

Let me share what I had for lunch:

Steamed green beans
    Cucumber, peeled and diced
    Cherry tomatoes
    Low fat cottage cheese

All in one plate: I can't have pepper so I seasoned it with dried basil and salt with parsley.

Dinner:
    Baked in a foil:
    Tilapia fillet
    Red potato
    baby carrots
    some slices of onions
    season to taste

Foil packets... genius!!! Going to think on this one... how to 'change it up' and get my kids involved... maybe set out some spices/toppings and have them create their own packet... now... gotta think about what to include and what protein... love this!
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY HARD FOR ME AS IMA A FAST FOOD DISTRICT MGR. AND IM AROUND FOOD ALL DAY BUT LETS SEE WHAT IM MADE OF
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge spate... I know it will be tough but the best part is proving to yourself that you're capable of doing it! I know you can!
  • gpatwardhan
    Options
    I am in, Nikki!
    Sounds exciting =)
    Will start brainstorming about the new ideas!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Bump :)

Going to prep some meal plans for the challenge and hit up the grocery store later. Excited to push it with this challenge!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Bumping up if anyone wants to join!!! Starts Sunday!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Alright everyone... get your cookware out... challenge starts TOMORROW!!! Good luck and stay strong... please try to check in if you're participating and let us all know how you're doing!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Challenge has started!!!

Breakfast for me: 1/2 cup dry oats (prepared) w/ 1 nectarine cut up inside & coffee (3 cups, 4 T liquid coffeemate, 2 1/2 splenda)
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Today will be my toughest day. It's my hubby's day off and LOVES to eat out! I've already warned him! LOL Steel cut oats for me for breakfast. Stay strong everybody!
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm in! We have been trying to eat at home more often, but always seem to manage pizza or some other take out at least 1x/week. Now I have to make up the dinner plans and actually go to the grocery store for the week, instead of stopping by every night!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I always allrecipes to get ideas and make it healthier or just eat the appropriate calorie I need for the meal. But I read in here somewhere about the website: supercook.com. You list all your ingredients and it lists all the meals you can prepare from all different cooking websites.

Good luck to us.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I SAW THIS RECIPE THE OTHER DAY I DIDNT THINK I WOULD LIKE IT BUT IT WAS REALLY GOOD
    2 EGG WHITES
    1/2 BANANA
    AFFTER COOKED ADDED COME SYRUP
    DONT FORGET THE COOKING SPRAY IF YOURE GOING TO TRY THIS
    ONLY 131 CALORIES

8836137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Going out of town midweek, so good luck to everyone who's "in"...will read about good strategies though and jump in on the next eat at home challenge :)
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Sounds great!

Sunny, I made those last week but ground up some oats and added a bit of baking powder... were great!

I am off to the gym... had baked chicken,corn, and peas for lunch... made extra chicken to use tonight. I'm making the kung pao lettuce cups featured in the recipes section on the site ((search if interested in recipe). Will have to see the Starbucks in Target when I stop to buy sauce but I am strong and will resist!!!
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh! I just saw this thread and I'm ridiculously excited :) I needed a solid reason not to go to the gourmet cupcake place next door!

Breakfast- omelet w/ spinach and tomatoes, light cheese and wheat toast
    Lunch- spaghetti, salad, an apple
    Dinner- ? but I really like the fish and veggies in foil idea, has anyone tried that with salmon? It's the only fish I currently have at home...

best of luck!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    I totally forgot to buy the peanuts for the kung poa so I omitted them... we're gearing up to eat dinner now so I hope it's good! I'm excited to wrap my little "asian taco" in a big romaine leaf. Made some steam in the bag veggies to go with...

Also made (and ate) a couple of frosted sugar cookies with my kids... but I burned 521 cals today during my workout so I can afford the cals (plus I'm in maintenance and get 1810 base anyway).

Hope everyone is enjoying a yummy dinner AT HOME! :drinker:
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Those wraps sound yummy! My day was a WIN! We went to the movies and I brought along some cherries, a fiber one brownie and an ice water! First time ever that I have managed to not eat a bunch of junk at the movies. Them came home and made a delicious spinach salad with goat cheese, grilled chicken, strawberries and ff poppy seed dressing.